What's new

1st DVD's (1 Viewer)

Ross Leonard

Auditioning
MASH box set - Improvements on original quality, no laugh track, a long-time favourite show.

Stars Episode I - Amazing sound, pod race is spectacular!

Tron - Great transfer, no jaggies!

DanR

Supporting Actor
Is this supposed to be a "What was your first dvd thread?"

Eraser

Regards,

Dan

Matt_Wizall

Agent
The double pack of A Time to Kill and Shawshank Redemption from Costco.

Would really like to see an SE for both.

Will K

Screenwriter
L.A. Confidential and the first DVD version of The Exorcist. I actually bought both of these a month before I even had a player.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi, Ross--welcome aboard. And I believe Ross meant this thread as an enthusiastic comment about getting his first DVDs. Right? I don't think this is a poll, per se.

Anyhow, the best is yet to come, Ross!

DannyS

Second Unit
anchor bays halloween 2 disc set in 1999. 2 years before I got a player! after 40 discs I got one! (mad I know!)

I bought the original release of Tron and from then on vowed to never buy VHS again, and all this was 7 months before I bought an actual player for it.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
The subject line is a bit misleading. Thought you were discussing the 1st DVD's on the market since "What Was Your 1st DVD" threads have been done to death already!

Mike H

Stunt Coordinator
The first movie I bought was Blade.

The first movie's I watched where Boogie Nights & The Mask of Zorro. Both excellent movies. Rentals from Hollywood Video with a rented DVD player.

Mike

StephenA

Screenwriter
The first DVDs I bought were Gladiator, Seven, The Mummy, and A Clockwork Orange. I got them because my sister had got a PS2 for Christmas in 2000. I used money and gift certificates to buy them a couple days after Christmas that year. Even with the PS2, I noticed a huge and better difference with DVD over VHS. When I got a real DVD player this past September, I noticed an even better change. I'll never go back to VHS. I only watch the Star Wars original trilogy on VHS. I never really got into laserdisc, so I don't have the laserdiscs.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
My family's first DVD was the cartoon Grinch, and my first one that I actually bought was X-Men,

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
bah... amateurs
My first DVD was Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery in 1997
Me, too Rob. But I didn't buy it until December 9th, when the Live Entertainment version of Platoon came out. So I guess that makes it 1A or 1B.
-Chad
(Interesting, but still a poll... ;) )

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I bought The Abyss, "Weird Al" Yankovic: The Videos, and Vegas Vacation first.

Vacation is OK, but the fact it's not letterboxed is a downer. It originally surprised me because I thought all DVD's were correctly shown in their aspect ratios on DVD.

Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks