1st an SVS now a new Front Soundstage!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean DeMass, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

This has been one of the best weeks of my life. As you guys know, my wife bought me a brand new SVS sub and I received it on Wed. of this week. Well after hearing the new sub, my wife says to me, "We need new front speakers now." Naturally I smiled and gave myself a high five for marrying such a great woman. So we went to our salesman at the HT shop and bought us a nice new pair of Klipsch RF-3's for the mains and a sweet Klipsch RC-3 for the center. The Quintets did their job nicely for a year and a half, but the only two remaining from the set are the surrounds. They actually hold up very well as surround speakers compared to my new forward soundstage.
    So, what is the lesson learned this week my HT friends? Always marry a beautiful woman who loves HT, so she can get bit by the upgrade bug too. [​IMG]
    -Dean-
    (New HT pictures will be coming soon)
    ------------------
    My HT Equipment
    "I've seen you and you are not cool."

2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

3. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

You suck!!.. NO really, congrats!! Enjoy the new sub and speakers. I can't wait to complete my setup. [​IMG]

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Klipsch and SVS...very good match!
    I've owned the older KLF30s/C7/3.1s/1.1s/C5 for years Dean...and really like them. I do know the new klispch units make some important improvements though...so you must be in heaven!
    congrats,
    TV

5. Curt Jett

Curt Jett Agent

Very nice choice of speakers & wife. [​IMG] I also have the Klipsch Reference series RF-3,RC-3 & RS-3 and two of the 29-39 SVS woofs with the Fidek 600 watt amp. This is just a killer sounding system for both movies & music IMO.
    ------------------

6. Eric Levesque

Eric Levesque Auditioning

[Edited last by Eric Levesque on August 28, 2001 at 07:09 AM]

7. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

I've got a set of RF-3s and have a 20-39pc on order. Can't wait.
    GET the RS-3 surrounds! A huge improvement. I started with the Quintets too, a long time ago.