What's new

1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649 (1 Viewer)

Avilos

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Soliva
Adam West has voiced various characters on a number of Batman animated series. While some are available on those series sets it would be nice if they could be part of this set is it ever happens.
He actually voiced Batman in the last two seasons of Superfriends. No need to include all, they have their own sets, one in particular would be great feature though. An episode called The Fear was created as a Pilot for an intended spin-off that never happened. Its very significant because its the first time Batman's origin was ever told outside of the comics. Of course the 60s series never showed though it was mentioned briefly in the first episode. Adam West gives a great performance.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In the years long before VCRs, I bought the Batman TV soundtrack album. No, not the Neal Hefti score LP but the soundtrack album with dialogue snatches from the show and themes of the various villains. I was such a fan of the show that I wore out that LP playing it all the time.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I wish that album like the movie soundtrack would make it to CD. Hefti also scored one if not two Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea episodes in year 3 i believe.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Mark Collins said:
I wish that album like the movie soundtrack would make it to CD. Hefti also scored one if not two Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea episodes in year 3 i believe.
It was released on CD a number of years ago, IIRC around the time of the first Michael Keaton movie. They had a box on the cover with the Casablanca Records name covering up 20th Century Fox (Fox's record label originally released it). Another company issued it in the UK at the same time. I believe it's long out of print, though.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/307937/picking-1966-batman-dvd-extras#post_3899782
In the years long before VCRs, I bought the Batman TV soundtrack album. No, not the Neal Hefti score LP but the soundtrack album with dialogue snatches from the show and themes of the various villains. I was such a fan of the show that I wore out that LP playing it all the time.
This one?

44b9ae9d_riddle-variou-batman.jpeg

Had this as a kid and loved it. There is a website that streams it, I think, but I'm certain it has never made it to CD.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
MeTV is showing two episodes every Saturday night and I've just recently started recording and watching them. I also find myself on the Batman wikipedia page more often than not to study up on the show and Batman in general. (I have absolutely no social life on Saturday nights, obviously.)

There's a plethora of docs and featurettes that could be made about the series, from all the various guest stars and multiple actors playing the same role to the continued cuts in budget, the genesis and evolution of Batgirl, all the "dirty laundry" Warner would never allow on the discs... Add to that a doc about Batman in the 60s with Bat-Mite, Fredric Werthum and his anti-comics crusade, the history of televised Batman and so on.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Sam Favate /t/307937/picking-1966-batman-dvd-extras#post_3900211
This one?

44b9ae9d_riddle-variou-batman.jpeg

Had this as a kid and loved it. There is a website that streams it, I think, but I'm certain it has never made it to CD.
Yes indeed! Loved that colorful cover, too! I still have the LP, but it's badly worn. I think I have the stereo one, but I'll have to check to make sure. I might not have had the extra $1 buying the stereo version cost back in those olden days.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
KPmusmag said:
The Batman LP definitely made it to CD in the late 1980s on Polygram/Casablanca. Here is the CD cover:
6188d139_batman66CD.jpeg

It is available used on amazon (for a price!).
Don't be confused by the alternate cover currently on amazon - it is the same album.
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Various-Artists/dp/B000008D9B/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header
That's the one I had! Wish I could find it. Bought it in '89 (pretty sure).
Back of the booklet has the Batman logo enlarged on a white background.
When I was a kid I went through two vinyl copies, both mono (the CD is stereo). One had "exclusive original television soundtrack album" in red, the other in yellow. I don't recall any other differences.
Holy hole in the doughnut!

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Sam Favate said:
This one?

Just wanted to add that this is the best scan of an album cover I have ever seen. Love it! Thanks for sharing!
--Kevin

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mark Collins said:
Just one in the second season "Escape from Venice."
I'm hopeful Batman will eventually see a release. We never thought The Six Million Dollar Man would make it to the outside world, but it was done. Everything in its own time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by KPmusmag /t/307937/picking-1966-batman-dvd-extras#post_3900623
Just wanted to add that this is the best scan of an album cover I have ever seen. Love it! Thanks for sharing!
--Kevin
Pretty sure it came from this site: http://www.albumartexchange.com/

I was not aware the album was eventually put on CD; I stand corrected!

Hey, it would make a nice bonus CD to the Batman TV series blu-ray collection, not unlike the CD that came with the Fugitive DVD box set that was available for 5 minutes last fall. (Literally, 5 minutes - they pulled the set and have yet to reschedule.)

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
I found this set of clips on YouTube today. The CBC had an interview with William Dozier and some behind-the-scenes footage from 1966 posted to their channel: Part 1: Part 2:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Y'all made me think of this!!! I'm a huge fan of the classic Memphis Wrestling and I saw this clip on TV some years back. Jerry Lawler, a heel at the time in Memphis, decides to take on Mr. West who was in town for a car show. This is one of the few clips from when wrestling was on WHBQ. Enjoy!

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Osato said:
I hope Batman does come to blu ray and DVD this year, however my wallet may not agree. I already feel overwhelmed a bit with all of the great sets that are coming out starting this month. Bond, Hitchcock and Indiana Jones. Oof!! Love it, but it's a challenge to get everything that I would like to of these releases! : ) I do hope Batman is released though. It would be great and I would be sure to pick it up day 1.
Sam Favate said:
Reports on the merchandising of the 1966 show - which many people believe will include the DVDs - say it is set to begin in the spring of 2013, so it is unlikely we'd see anything before that. Also, the mention made of the possibility of DVDs on the Digital Bits site also said 2013.
Did Fox actually confirm this, or are people just saying that this is going to happen with no real evidence?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by Sky Captain
Did Fox actually confirm this, or are people just saying that this is going to happen with no real evidence?
No one has confirmed anything about DVDs. The show is being merchandised heavily beginning this year. You can find a link to those articles in this thread. With that, speculation began that the deal that allowed the merchandising would allow the DVDs. Bill Hunt of the Digital Bits - probably the single most respected DVD news site on the internet - mentioned 2013 as a possible release for the show on DVD. Bill's not given to idle speculation. If that site mentioned it, there is at the very least some talk going on behind the scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks