What's new

1956's "Bad Seed" .... Would Love To See A DVD Release!! Wouldn't You?? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
6300270270.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Don't you love this Orig. Bad Seed??!!
I have the full-screen VHS version, which is really pretty decent in quality. But, a WS DVD would be welcome in my collection to be sure!
Who else is a Bad Seed fan? Didn't see the newer one. Any good? Can't compete with the '56 I'll bet!
Anybody know if a DVD is in the offing?
And remember ..... >> "They got a little BLUE [electric] chair for little boys .... and a little PINK chair for little gals!!!" -- Henry Jones as "Leroy"
>> "That know-it-all Monica Breedlove! Thinks nobody knows anything but her! Well, she don't got long to go anyway. The old heffer's about ready for the canner's!!"
-- Jones again (he's a riot in this movie!!) :D :D

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
David,
Yes indeed! This is a fun, intriguing film...I have it on VHS :thumbsdown: also. It's pretty disturbing even these days, considering what that angelic looking little girl does to exact revenge on people that "get on the bad side of the bad seed" :) I'd recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it - the ending is pretty eerie also. Man, would I love to see a bangup job done on a DVD of this one...a commentary by (the now an adult) Patty McCormack would would be a must. I assume Warner Bros. would release this one - anyone know for sure though?
Who else would like to see the original The Bad Seed released on DVD?!
John

Tiffany A

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I believe a DVD would be awesome. I tried to buy a vhs on ebay a couple of years agao...but never was around at the end of an auction.

Do you guys believe that "pure evil" can be inherited, as in the movie? Just wondering....

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Coincidentally, my sister and her boyfriend played Rhoda and Leroy in their high school production this year. I read the book but haven't seen the movie (with its apparently different ending) so a DVD would be great!
I don't think evil can be inherited.:) That would be some abnormal theology.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Another terrific little flick I haven't seen for a long time. Hurry up with that dvd!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Without a flicker of a shadow of a doubt, I'd pick it up instantly.

Let's hope they keep the ultra-camp epilogue too!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Yes indeed Jon Robertson!!!

That epilogue is something! It IS on my VHS version, thank goodness.

Although I can see why L. Maltin (and no doubt others) hate its inclusion into the final film. As Maltin says in his official review: it is kind of a "corny Hollywoodized ending". But I liked it anyhow.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! It's been a favorite since I was a kid. I have the VHS, and would buy the DVD in a heartbeat!
Heh, something fun to look for with a file-sharing program is a song called "Leroy" by the group Fibonaccis. The singer plays "Rhoda" and sings snatches of dialogue from the film. "Leroy, give me those shoes!!" It's short, but will bring a smile to the face of anyone who loves this film.
Vickie
"I've got the prettiest mother..."

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Warners releasing a 46 year old B&W film? Dream on!! I'll hang on to my Laserdisk of the film.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
There is quite a difference between what is arguably the greatest film ever made and a melodrama made with second tier actors.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see Warners release this film on DVD with some nice extras, but this studio's policies seem to point to a major reluctance to releasing this sort of title. And I do not buy their argument that it is not economical to release these titles because they sure released a lot of Laserdiscs that had a very narrow audience. If it is a question of the source materials being in bad shape, then they should say so.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
We might give MGM a lot of crap, but at least their commitment, schedule-wise, to their back catalogue is unparalleled among the major studios.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
"You can wash and you can wash and there'll still be some left."
"The Bad Seed" is at the top of my most wanted list.
Jeff, the stick bloodhound.
GIVE ME BACK THOSE SHOES LEROY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks