What's new

1950s: What Titles Did You Vote For? (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, it's a shame that Niagara wasn't the Monroe chosen for the 1950s unless Fox is planning a volume two of her other big 50s films like it, Bus Stopi and maybe one of the comedies like Monkey Business where she had a supporting part.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Lromero1396
*sigh of relief* True Story of Jesse James is down where it belongs and Inn of the 6th Happiness just shot up. And Desk Set has been bested by Carmen Jones! Wow! I still think we need to rally in support of Inn and Anastasia because these two films deserve proper restoration and not a licensing to Twilight Time.
I noticed that today too. I already put in for Desk Set, but I am open to voting for either Inn or Anastasia for the rest of the week. Which one do we want to get "caught up" more?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
I noticed that today too. I already put in for Desk Set, but I am open to voting for either Inn or Anastasia for the rest of the week. Which one do we want to get "caught up" more?
I like Anastasia more, and it's the one I've been voting for this week.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Adam Gregorich said:
I noticed that today too.  I already put in for Desk Set, but I am open to voting for either Inn or Anastasia for the rest of the week.  Which one do we want to get "caught up" more?
Which one needs caught up more? It's a matter of personal preference, but we can't ignore the fact that Anastasia is slipping and is tied with several other titles.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Lromero1396
Which one needs caught up more? It's a matter of personal preference, but we can't ignore the fact that Anastasia is slipping and is tied with several other titles.
That's been very puzzling. It started so strongly, but its placement has been slipping for days.

GregK

Screenwriter
I did a write in for INFERNO (1953) as a 3-D Bluray release. An aligned stereoscopic HD master has been finished and is ready to go.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
GregK said:
I did a write in for INFERNO (1953) as a 3-D Bluray release. An aligned stereoscopic HD master has been finished and is ready to go.
Oo, good idea--Was just mentioning that as an idea for Criterion to follow up more 3D after Pina, but Fox wouldn't be a bad hint either. Count me in. (I"m guessing they don't plan to get multiple write-in votes for the same title.)

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
MattH. said:
That's been very puzzling. It started so strongly, but its placement has been slipping for days.
Which is exactly why it needs a boost. But sone of the titles have jumped all over the place. True Story of Jesse james was at 4th place a week ago or so and now it's near the bottom. Inn of the Sixth Happiness is now 4th where it once only had 2% of votes.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Wish I had voted sooner. I voted for Desk Set because I love Tracy & Hepburn. In fact bring on a bluray boxset.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I wrote in "Peyton Place" my favorite and the photography is stunning. Lana Turner's Oscar nominated role !!!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Lromero1396 said:
Which is exactly why it needs a boost. But sone of the titles have jumped all over the place. True Story of Jesse james was at 4th place a week ago or so and now it's near the bottom. Inn of the Sixth Happiness is now 4th where it once only had 2% of votes.
Cheaper By The Dozen also began at around 2% and is now up to 10%.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
JoHud said:
Cheaper By The Dozen also began at around 2% and is now up to 10%.
It would be nice if they teamed this with BELLES ON THEIR TOES. The two films really fit together nicely. The old DVD release of both these titles have terrible color.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
John Morgan said:
It would be nice if they teamed this with BELLES ON THEIR TOES. The two films really fit together nicely. The old DVD release of both these titles have terrible color.
I would hope for a double feature as well. Color is dependant on the elements. Back in the days of DVD, Fox wouldn't have ponied up the cash for Technicolor restorations. Additionally, dye-transfer prints or separations created from the original elements may no longer exist. However, this can be remedied somewhat in the digital realm.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Ejanss said:
D'oh, that's what I forgot!: A 30's write-in vote for Stormy Weather, with Lena Horne! Thanks for the reminder.
And thank you for that reminder about Stormy Weather; I'll be going back to the site in just a bit to put in my vote for that movie. There's also 100 Rifles (starring Jim Brown) to vote for as well.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Wow a tie for first place. God forbid I be the tiebreaker becoming a hero to some and a villan to the rest, so I placed it safe by voting for Will Sucess Spoil Rock Hunter.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
Wow a tie for first place. God forbid I be the tiebreaker becoming a hero to some and a villan to the rest, so I placed it safe by voting for Will Sucess Spoil Rock Hunter.
Same applies for today so once again I rolled with Will Sucess Spoil Rock Hunter

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Carman Jones is a fine film, but I have been surprised at its strong showing. Musicals, especially with opera-like arias, wouldn't seem to be something a lot of people would be interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks