What's new

1950s: What Titles Did You Vote For? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[SIZE= 20px]What Movies do you Want Released on Blu-ray? The Choice is Yours![/SIZE]
We are pleased to be working with Fox on an exciting promotion allowing members of HTF and other consumers the ability to vote for the film they want to see released on Blu-ray from each of the following decades: the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. Fox will release the winning title from each decade on Blu-ray later this year as part of the Fox Studio Classics Blu-ray line.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Fox Classics recently released below:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
A lot of great choices. I think I will be spreading my votes around for the first two weeks. I kicked it off with Tracy and Hepburn in Desk Set.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Don't Bother To Knock? Ooo...:P One of the few GOOD Marilyn performances. I was never a big obsessed fan--thought she was horrendously miscast in most of her light fluffy pieces except for Seven Year Itch--but you'll be amazed at how scarily Marilyn can play a dangerous psychotic with that happy-birthday-Mr.-President voice. Amazed, though perhaps not surprised. (Considering she grew up with it, you wonder how much of it is acting, and how much was learned from experience.) Today, we'd call it the very first Babysitter-From-Hell movie, but they didn't know what those were way back before the 90's, so watch the studio description attempt to spin it as a film noir for Richard Widmark and a trouble-dame. Don't be fooled.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I picked Anastasia today but will likely spread the wealth since there are some excellent titles that I'd love to have on Blu-ray. I was surprised to see Black Widow among the choices. I would have been sure Twilight Time would have ended up with that one for some reason. I guess not.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Here's a list of Fox films through the decades from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Sorry about that! I see they already have our choices narrowed down for us. I'll go look and vote now.... Some good choices. Ended up voting for Broken Lance. Very nice HD master of that has already been made, and it looks great.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Moe Dickstein said:
I need Rock Hunter on Blu!
Well, if you need it so bad, why don't you just buy a multi-region player and get it - beautiful transfer from the UK, available right now and has been for over a year.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
My vote was for Cheaper by the Dozen. The Technicolor would look great in blu. I'll never give up hoping Fox does a big Clifton Webb box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks