1944 chic movie of the year coming to DVD on 11/04/03 "Laura"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Vet, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Tom Vet

Tom Vet Stunt Coordinator

David Raskins wrote the music and I have the CD soundtrack 23 minutes of the Laura Suite Theme and variations other movie on CD Jane Eyre. "Laura" Stars Vincent Price, Dana Andrews, Gene Tierney, Judith Anderson (Dame Judith Anderson in Star Trek:3) Clifton Webb and a host of others made this murder mystery a classic to this day. Drama about Laura Hunt who was supposed to have been shot by both barrels of a 12 gauge shotgun in the face.

"Titanic" Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyk B & W 1952 release date 9/02/03

"Mark of Zorro" starring Tyrone Power, Linda Darnell and Basil Rathbone the fencing master B & W 1941 release date 10/07/03

A few other found on inside of TDTESS keepcase
    The Day TESS It was like I seen it yesterday every world, action was there just like I last een at least 20 years ago. Stereo soundtrack sucked, pic clear I am so used to watching HDTV in full I never even seen any stretching.
    Michael Rennie was really young for role of Klatu IMHO. Nice to see remastered software instead of grainy software, like Clint Eastood Spaghetti westerns are.

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

That's great news! Laura was one of the titles that didn't appear on VHS until quite recently and I feared that it might get the same treatment on DVD. Well, it did take 5 years, but that's still better than the 15 or so it took to get it released on VHS. Terrific picture; I often find myself humming the theme song.:b

3. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Well, you could call it 50 but it's hardly sporting to include the 30+ years before VCRs became readily available. [​IMG]