What's new

1930s: What Titles Did You Vote For? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
Two days left to vote! There is still a race for first place, but suprisingly Little Princess is not in it...
Something funny just happened with the voting for the top spot. A 4-5% change in just one day after so many votes leaves me with some questions.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Something funny just happened with the voting for the top spot.  A 4-5% change in just one day after so many votes leaves me with some questions.
First the John Wanye fan club, and now Clark Gable.... How can one take part in the poll other than being a member of this forum?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I'm sorry I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but that huge swing in less than 24 hours (and on the very last day of voting too when there's nothing really to be done about it) strikes me as very fishy, to say the least. A truckload of people who paid no attention to the voting up until now just decided out of the blue that they can't live without CALL OF THE WILD? Meh

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I have been voting for Call of the Wild all along but that does seem weird. I just voted today (which I guess is the final day) and it went from 34% when I voted up to 35%..then I clicked on it again about 15 seconds later and it went back to 34%..hmmmmm.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by Van594
I have been voting for Call of the Wild all along but that does seem weird. I just voted today (which I guess is the final day) and it went from 34% when I voted up to 35%..then I clicked on it again about 15 seconds later and it went back to 34%..hmmmmm.
If you think THAT'S weird, how about this?
The current rankings of 34% for CALL. 29% for JESSE, 21% for PRINCESS; 7% for SWANEE and 6% for STEAMBOAT only add up to 97% of the vote.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
I'm disgusted about the impending loss of Jesse James! How did COTW get so many votes so fast?! Jesse James needs a release in an edition with restored Technicolor! It is absolutely ridiculous how COTW is considered superior and more worthy of a BD release than Jesse James. It had better not go to Twilight Time because of this. :confused:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I was shocked by the turnaround. Too bad it wasn't The Little Princess that jumped up so far in the rankings.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by MattH.
Yes, I was shocked by the turnaround. Too bad it wasn't The Little Princess that jumped up so far in the rankings.
But Matt, the real question is HOW (after weeks and weeks of the rankings all across the decades staying relatively steady with a few point jumps here and there but always spread out over the course of a few days) did this unnacountable 5% differential happen OVERNIGHT??

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Will Krupp
But Matt, the real question is HOW (after weeks and weeks of the rankings all across the decades staying relatively steady with a few point jumps here and there but always spread out over the course of a few days) did this unnacountable 5% differential happen OVERNIGHT??
I'd like to know myself. I have NO idea.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by MattH.
I'd like to know myself. I have NO idea.
Maybe they counted the absentee/military votes and it turns out those boys are HUGE Loretta Young fans!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Probably Fox just doesn't want to deal with the more expensive to release Jesse James and massaged the voting totals accordingly?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Something funny just happened with the voting for the top spot. A 4-5% change in just one day after so many votes leaves me with some questions.
It certainly makes me less amenable to the concept of participating in future polls, if it is all for nought. - Walter.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Will Krupp said:
If you think THAT'S weird, how about this? The current rankings of 34% for CALL. 29% for JESSE, 21% for PRINCESS; 7% for SWANEE and 6% for STEAMBOAT only add up to 97% of the vote.
Maybe some people enter suggestions for other films and do not vote for any of the films listed.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Walter Kittel said:
It certainly makes me less amenable to the concept of participating in future polls, if it is all for nought. - Walter.
Adam_S said:
Probably Fox just doesn't want to deal with the more expensive to release Jesse James and massaged the voting totals accordingly?
I am in complete agreement. I am outraged at the unaccountable increase for COTW. There's obviously a greater market for Jesse James since I rarely hear anyone speak of COTW and Jesse James in in Technicolor which would sell more discs and make for a better transfer. Plus, COTW will be released in its cut-down reissue version and Jesse James will continue to wallow in DVD hell with one of the worst so called "Technicolor" transfers ever. If Fox waited and released COTW as part of a Gable box set on BD, they may find the original cut and be able to restore it. BUT NO, people just (as another user put it so well) "couldn't live without Call of the Wild". UGH! :f :jawdrop: :td:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Lromero1396 said:
I am in complete agreement. I am outraged at the unaccountable increase for COTW. There's obviously a greater market for Jesse James since I rarely hear anyone speak of COTW and Jesse James in in Technicolor which would sell more discs and make for a better transfer. Plus, COTW will be released in its cut-down reissue version and Jesse James will continue to wallow in DVD hell with one of the worst so called "Technicolor" transfers ever. If Fox waited and released COTW as part of a Gable box set on BD, they may find the original cut and be able to restore it. BUT NO, people just (as another user put it so well) "couldn't live without Call of the Wild". UGH! :f :jawdrop: :td:
The result is very strange. I cast my votes for Steamboat Round the Bend, but if I had voted for something else, it would have been Jesse James or The Little Princess. Call of the Wild is not a priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks