What's new

1917 (2019) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just got done yelling at my screenwriter buddy because he’s about to watch the dvd screener on a 50” tv.

He’s just too lazy to put in the effort to wait to see it how it should be seen, in IMAX next week. So frustrating!:angry:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Congrats to San Mendes for his Golden Globe win for Best Director. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That was a pleasant surprise. Thought for sure Tarantino or Scorsese would win.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Not playing in IMAX

Is it going to get an IMAX release? Next weekend will be the forth weekend for The Rise of Skywalker, and Disney usually dictates a four-week run in the biggest auditoriums for a Star Wars movie. So it could be that The Rise of Skywalker is going to maintain IMAX for at least one more week.

My theater has scheduled 1917 in the largest non-premium screen next week, but I think Star Wars will still have the XD screen.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yes!!

Golden Globes for Best Picture and Best Director.

Kudos to Sam Mendes and company. Well deserved!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
With these wins, 1917 jumps to the front runner position for next months Oscars.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I also don't think this will be playing in IMAX anywhere as Star Wars still has them all booked for another week.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's always a gamble to expand the weekend after a major awards show because it sort of looks anticlimactic if you don't win something. But in this case, the Golden Globes certainly worked out very nicely for Universal in teeing up their wide release for 1917 in a big way.

It looks great but I'm still a little nervous about seeing it due to my startle reflex in relation to possible sudden out of nowhere gunfire which seems likely to populate the film, so I'm deeply undecided as to whether I want to attempt this in a theater or not. On the one hand, I'm very interested in high-quality filmmaking which this obviously is, but on the other I don't know if I want to be jumping throughout and not be comfortable.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sam Mendes after 1917’s wins;

“This is a huge thing for this movie, it opens in a week wide,” Mendes said onstage after winning the night’s marquee category. “It’s difficult to make big movies without big movie stars in the leads, and get people to come and see it in a cinema. And i really hope this means that people will turn up and see it on the big screen for which it was intended.”

Emphasis mine. ;)

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I also don't think this will be playing in IMAX anywhere as Star Wars still has them all booked for another week.

There will be two Imax runs in Canada; one in Toronto and one in Montreal starting Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks