What's new

19" Rack Mounted... (1 Viewer)

Tim Hood

Agent
Anyone have a good source for rack shelves/drawers? I built a rack for my equipment, but my local B&M wants about full retail on the rack shelves and drawers.

Any internet leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Archer S

Auditioning
Good luck. I've been looking for good prices on rack equipment for years. Your best bet is probably to start frequenting college and industrial auctions looking for surplus racks. Especially look for ISP's going out of business. They should be pretty easy to find:)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Brandon's tip is good. I just bought a Middle Atlantic Products Slim 5 series 19" rack, Part # 5-29 (29 rack spaces, 54 1/2" high) and set of casters. The Parts Express price for the 5-29 was $228.75; Markertek's price was $169.00. Shelves are usually expensive and those custom faceplate shelves are outrageous. I bought three of Markertek's own 1 rack space shelves (#US1) for $24.99 each. Their 2 rack space shelves (#US2) are $29.99 each.

I will fabricate custome side panels and veneer them with rosewood to alter the basic industrial look and match my rosewood tower speakers.

Brandon B

Second Unit
I have the 7 foot tall version of the same rack.

Also bought one of middle atlantic's big shelves for my Odyssey amp. It was nice as it attached to the side holes of the rails, rather than the front, so the face plate could pul back flush. This would be a useful shelf if you hav a very ehavy component that you want to hide with a blamk face plate. It was $60 bucks, though.

Also, Fullcompass will match prices, so if you find yourself wanting stuff from both them and Marktertek, they will work with you.

I put my own soft tread casters on the Slim 5, as the ones they offer aren't super friendly to a hardwood floor.

BB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks