What's new

19" LCD TV shootout (1 Viewer)

dingobaby76

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I am looking to get a nice little 19" LCD TV for my bedroom. I do not know anything about these, or home theater in general really. I just want a good piece of a equipment for a reasonable price.

Best Buy has a Dynex for $249, which is a price that I like but the unit itself seems a little shaky. The searching I have done on this brand says that it will probably work fine but not be all that good of a TV.

I was also looking at a Toshiba 19AV500U on Amazon. It is $50 more, will it be worth it?

Is there another one I should consider around these prices? The Insignia at Best Buy looked good but if spending a little more I think I would default to the Toshiba. I think there was a Sharp and something else that looked good too.

Also, will most or all of these 16:10 displays back down to 16:9 with bars? I want that.

Thanks for any information!

dingobaby76

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Anyone? I have to imagine that someone out there has an opinion on Dynex, if not this particular model.

Also, I really want to know if the 16:10 -> 16:9 is a standard feature on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks