What's new

Paramount+ Lawmen: Bass Reeves (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Created by Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan and starring Emmy Award nominee David Oyelowo, the series is an epic limited series that will bring the legendary lawman of the wild west, Bass Reeves (Oyelowo), to life. Known as the greatest frontier hero in American history, and also believed to be the inspiration for The Lone Ranger, Reeves worked in the post-Reconstruction era as a federal peace officer in the Indian Territory, capturing over 3,000 of the most dangerous criminals without ever being wounded.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
This sounds very interesting but I really hope they try and stay historically accurate. I'm not sure if "greatest frontier hero" is true but he was a very respected lawman. That description doesn't even mention that he was one of the earliest African American, maybe the first, US Marshall west of the Mississippi. He was also a slave who escaped his master during the civil war. He even arrested his brother for the murder, who was convicted and served 11 years in jail. I wonder if the show will touch on his time as a slave and escape during the civil war?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Just watched the first two episodes. Terrific series so far.

Thread title needs to be changed. The show is now called Lawmen: Bass Reeves.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Enjoying this show. Quality Western inspired by a real lawman with an incredible career. Strong performances throughout, including by star David Oyelowo and Dennis Quaid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks