What's new

1803 Denon (1 Viewer)

Glenn Mcc

Grip
I just purchased the Denon 1803 and hooked it up to some 13 year old Technics speakers and it sounded bad like a clock radio. My old technics sounds much better, what in the heck is going on? I am runing the speakers through the front speaker jacks. Oh well I must have the settings wrong, I did not have much time to mess with it had to xmas shop with the Mrs. Anyway does anyone have any tips?

Also I have a mits WS-65869 how can I run HDT through the Denon 1803?

I am very green at the HT stuff any tips on set up?
Any tips on SS speakers for under $700?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming your old Technics speakers have 10" or 12" woofers. Correct? If that's the case, then set your front (left and right) speakers to the "Large" setting. Your setting might be set to "small" which is preventing the speakers from producing the lower frequencies.

Also, make sure you're not running any of the DSPs (Concert, Rock, jazz, etc.) because the DSPs sometimes really can make things sound bad.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
One might also argue that those speakers can't do the Denon justice. As Wayne suggests, however, check your settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks