What's new

18-speaker multi-zone... receiver? (1 Viewer)

souporman

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hey guys. I'm having a house built right now and I somehow talked my wife in to putting 2 speaker pre-wires in the ceiling of every room (even the bathrooms :D). So basically I'm going to have 18 speakers. I'm thinking about getting 18 of these (no links to commercial sites, please!) 6.5" speakers or these (.....) 8" speakers. Here's my problem: I have no idea how to power all of these. Do I run them in to splitters and then run the splitters in to a zone on a receiver? If so, can somebody recommend me a receiver for this that supports 2 or 3 zones? And how about splitters? I suppose if you guys have any advice on those speakers I would greatly appreciate that, too. I won't be moving in until late Feb. most likely, but I'm all geeked up to start buying things.

Thanks!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure how you are going to do it. But in my home every room has 2 speakers and a volume control. They are all wired together and come out in the living room. I just use the speaker B output on my receiver and all the sound goes through the speakers.

You need more power though otherwise the volume is fairly low. I'm not sure how my house is wired it was like that when I moved in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks