What's new

18" Movie Maniacs series 3, when and who? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I must say that the secretive nature of McFarlanes website is getting on my nerves! I just came from there and it seems as though they havn't updated it since forever, most of that stuff is pretty old news now.
I went there to find out some info on the next two figures in the 18" MM series, but found zip.
Any toy buffs here who may have some answers about this?
Personally, I would kill for an 18" version of 'Jason' and 'The Crow', especially the Crow! If not those two, 18" versions of 'Terminator' and the 'T-1000' would be so awesome!
I hope someone can help, 'Michael Myers', 'Freddy', 'Leatherface' and 'Ash' are getting lonely. ;)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
John, I hope this helps you: Link Removed
This has Jason X as a release, but I heard somewhere he has been scrapped for this series, but he is coming later. At any rate, August seems so far away.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:emoji_thumbsup:Thanks Brian:emoji_thumbsup:
So it looks like 'Edward Scisorhands' and 'Terminator' will be next. I'm both happy and disapointed at the same time though, wouldn't it have made more sense to release the 'T-1000' with 'Terminator'? Ah well, i'm not complaining, they'll be great!
I must say that he's slipping a bit with the standard MM figures, I mean 'Jason X'!? Please. I am excited about that 'Alien vs Predator' set though.
It really seems that he's missing a whole bunch of classic movie monsters though, like 'The Tall Man' from Phantasm, 'John Ryder' from The Hitcher, the creature from Jeepers Creepers, and I would give my right eye for an Exorcist bed set, complete with Father's Karras and Merrin! Picture that! :eek:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Edward Scissorhands... sweet! I have the 18" Movie Maniac 'Ash' sitting on my DVD cabinet... it is AWESOME :D

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I have over my fireplace the 18" Leatherface and Freddy, which several of the 6" figures all around the house.

The 18" Edward Scissorhands has me all hot and bothered though, well maybe not, but I'm very excited! I need to order the 18" Ash before stock runs out on them.

I want an 18" Jason though!!! Also I wish Disney would quit being pinheads and give McFarlane the rights to do Pinhead...can you imagine an 18" Pinhead!!! I think I just wet myself thinking about it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Kelley... if you are interested, HTF member 'Dedrick' works at a place that sells McFarlane (among others) action figures. He got me a really good price on an 18" Ash... so I would email him if you are interested. His service was really quick and he is a nice guy :D

Dedrick

Agent
The 18 inch Terminator was just cancelled a few days ago, and I don't think there will be a replacement so just one 18 inch this year. Mcfarlane is moving more toward sports every year, soon they will be making very few movie figures at all. Which is a shame, but they have been running out of ideas lately.
Kelley, if you want an 18 inch Ash you can e-mail my brother at [email protected]. I think we still have a few left.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys... I just wanted to post a deal that I found on these 18" figures. The Ash and Leatherface figures are both now $19.99 at Electronics Boutique. I picked up Leatherface :) (AWESOME figure... definately the centerpiece of my growing figure collection).
Get it while it's hot, these won't last long! (I think they are cleaning out inventory for the new figures) :)
PS: Check out Edward Scissorhands!
mm5_scissorhands18_photo_01_dl.jpg

(oooo.... pretty! :D )

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I must say that while I am happy with the 18" Edward, I also think that that's a rather odd choice. I mean he creates 18" versions of Michael Myers and Freddy...but not Jason!? I don't get that.

And besides, Edward Scissorhands wasn't really a "maniac", he was a gentle charactor, why do a figure of him at all 18" or otherwise?

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I guess because E. Scissorhands is odd John.
I think he looks pretty cool, and if he was a bad guy, he would be a darned dangerous one! :D
This sounds like a cool hobby, and would compliment a home theater nicely.
So far all I have is Woody from Toy Story and Shrek, both about 8".
I am into posters right now, I have put up a couple of posters in frames, new ones are LOTR, and Moulin Rouge.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Edward will be a great addition to my collection. I already have the standard size one and I am greatly looking forward to this one.

Can you guys imagine a 18" Aliens vs. Predator set! That would rock so hard!

PS - the sounds from the 18" Leatherface is my answering machine...its great. Alot of the messages either start out with a wtf was that tone or laughter.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
The 18" MM figures are the only cool-ectibles I prefer. I have Ash and Leather Face, but really would like to see the T-800 and T-1000, along with Predator. Shame he doesn't go full tilt for us movie buffs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks