What's new

18-hour Joe Jackson marathon in Cleveland (1 Viewer)

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
WBWC 88.3 FM in Cleveland is doing an 18-hour Joe Jackson marathon starting at 7 AM on Thursday, June 20. How random is that? Of course, being a huge Joe Jackson fan I would probably record the entire thing if I was in the area (sadly, I am not).
Check out Joe's Website for details, or go to WBWC's site. You can even listen online (if you're not at work).

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My my that is random isn't it. JJ is one of the best pop songwriters of the last 25 years without a doubt, but like other masters like Marshall Crenshaw and Sam Phillips he seems to get more appreciation from the critics and his fellow musicians than the record buying public.

I'd listen if I were there.

NP: U2: "The Unforgettable Fire"

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I would also enjoy this greatly. I once heard JJ do a cover of a classic reggae Jimmy Cliff tune..never heard it again. I hope you heard it during this marathon.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
This marathon is great I've been listening all day.
I would also enjoy this greatly. I once heard JJ do a cover of a classic reggae Jimmy Cliff tune..never heard it again. I hope you heard it during this marathon.
I heard it, and I never expect to hear it again. Well, maybe as A&M goes through remastering the catalog they'll resurrect this UK only B-Side from the early 80s.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Nah, probably not. But it is out there -- maybe one could find it in a used bin or something if they really want that track.

In a perfect world, it'll show up as a bonus on a reissue of "Beat Crazy" -- like the one that was supposed to come out this past spring but has apparently been cancelled, at least for the moment. Right now, the only thing on the radar is a two-disc Deluxe Edition of "Night And Day" which is supposedly due in late July.

Of course, the reunited Joe Jackson Band (same lineup as on the first three albums) will be putting out a new album early next year, so maybe we'll see some reissue action at that time.

Ryan

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I've been thinking about buying that hits compilation, mainly for driving music. It seems like half the time I spend picking CDs for the car is devoted to choosing a Joe Jackson album.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks