What's new

18" High Output Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
While this probably belongs under "Bargain and coupons" forum, I think it fits in this one much better. Anyways while browsing the scratch and dent section at Parts Express I notice this subwoofer. I thought maybe someone here might be interested in it. A little to pricey for me.
What struck me as most interesting is the high sensitivity rating.
18" High Output Subwoofer
Siesmic System's 18" subwoofer features a diecast aluminum frame and a unique motor structure that is the result of the latest research in magnetics and material science. Because of this motor, the loudspeaker is capable of producing high levels of low frequency output for long periods of time with very low levels of distortion. AuraSound's unique magnet geometry uses a radially oriented magnetic field. The motor consists of a ring of high temperature neodymium encased in a low carbon steel return structure. The teardrop shape of the motor structure is the result of computer-aided design using finite element analysis. The huge 4" underhung voice coil moves in the gap between the high energy cylindrical magnet and the pole/backplate structure. The advantages of this design are large linear excursion capability (38mm peak to peak!), greatly increased dynamic range, 98 dB 1W/1m sensitivity, and high power handling with very little power compression. Connections are via heavy duty, gold plated 5-way binding posts. *Power handling: 800 watts RMS/1100 watts max *Voice coil diameter: 4" *Voice coil inductance: .47 mH *Nominal impedance: 8 ohms *DC resistance: 5.0 ohms *Frequency response: 20-300 Hz *Fs: 24 Hz *SPL: 98 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 19.7 cu. ft. *Qms: 4.10 *Qes: .20 *Qts: .19 *Xmax: 18.0mm *Net weight: 36 lbs. *Dimensions: A: 18-1/4", B: 16-3/4", C: 12-1/4", D: 6", E: 4-1/4".
This item was originally advertised under part number 294-250. This product has been installed. Save more than $225.00 off the original catalog price!
Call 1-800-338-0531 to order this part.
| Part #888-184 | Compare to: $749.80 | Web Price: $499.50 | Available qty: 1 |
[Edited last by Fred Seger on August 03, 2001 at 09:56 AM]

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Not exactly the same driver, but a very close sibling. Chris's driver has a new cone and comes from Siesmic systems. The magnet/motor and such are all the same though. They basically need a rather large box or lots of EQ to get their full performance potential to come through, especially to make the expenditure worthwhile.
Mark Seaton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks