1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

1776 coming to blu-ray on June 2nd!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Giovanni DN, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    My girlfriend saw and loved "Hamilton" and I used her love of it as an in for talking her into watching "1776" - they really are sort of spiritual soul cousins. Some of the set design and choreography in "Hamilton" appears inspired by "1776".

Adam Lenhardt likes this.
  2. waltodonnell

waltodonnell Extra

Conor
    I listened to the commentary again the other day and had a question for Moe or anyone who may know. Do the dropped scenes from the play where Adams, Franklin and Chase are actually shown visiting the military training ground in New Brunswick, and where Adams and Franklin share a bed in an inn, survive anywhere in script form? If so, can it be posted here? I'd love to read it.

Reading the Historical notes in the back of the script book now, and it's interesting to read that Hunt and Stone planned to include these two scenes in the film version. Hunt makes no mention of this in the commentary, so I'm guessing they changed their minds by the time production rolled around.

3. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    Those scenes do exist but I wouldn't be able to post them publicly due to copyright concerns.

Will Krupp likes this.