What's new

16x9 on the second floor? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
do any of you have your 16x9 on the second story? i'm moving into a second-story apartment in about a month. i'm considering buying a new tv and was going to get a 16x9 but i'm worried about how to get the thing up there and then back down.
this may force me to buy a 32" 4x3, but if i'm gonna spend the money, i'd like to buy what i want the first time.
i guess the delivery company will take care of the move-in part, but i'm wondering how difficult it will be to get it out.
does anyone here have any thoughts/experience/tips on this?
tia
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Marc Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
The 65" and 73" Mitsubishis seperate into two pieces for moving. Otherwise, have plenty of muscle to get your TV upstairs. I wouldn't let some stairs force you into a 32" 4x3. Call some friends to help you move it up the stairs.
If you buy me a ticket...I'll come help.
wink.gif

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Ted,
It all depends on what size 16:9 set you want I know the new Toshibas are way lighter than the 2001 models. I think this years Sony's are also lighter. I dont know where Citrus Hights is but if it is near LA I will come help you if you provide the beer? Good luck on what ever you decide.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks for the offer guys...that's cool of you. unfortunately i live in northern california (basically sacramento) so i figure by the time i get you all up here it'll be cheaper to hire a moving crew!
smile.gif

the toshiba 50" is exactly the one i was looking for. i'd be buying it new so i'm not worried about getting it into the apartment, but getting it out and down the stairs. last thing i'd want to do is f**k is up.
btw - what do you guys think about a big-screen in a 1-bedroom apartment? overkill? wait...what am i typing? of course it's not overkill...this is ht afterall...
Link Removed
------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I just moved my 65" WS into my new house (HT). It had to go upstairs. I had some reliable movers put it up there for me even though the TV breaks down (very easily by the way) into two pieces. It was a tight squeeze (28.5" doorway and 28" deep TV) but everything went well.
------------------
My DVD's

Joe Hopkinson

Auditioning
I have a Hatachi 53", it is very light and on wheels. It is no problem to move anywhere, and fairly light. Me and 2 of my buddies, picked it strait up and set it in the back of my truck, no problem!
Get the TV you want, and don't ever let a set of steps get you down! Get some friends, and a relentless attittude, and you will put what ever TV you buy, anywhere you want!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks for the heads-up guys!
------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks