What's new

16mm 35mm home theater room (1 Viewer)

John Hanra

Auditioning
Please pardon the post if it was inserted into the wrong area. I am seeking a forum where i can communicate with people who have built or are planning to build screening rooms that will also be equipped with 16 and or 35mm projection equipment. Thanks for any help in finding the right area or sites.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the majority of us here are trying to get as close to film as possible without actually using it. :) Best of luck though.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I have the *perfect* link for you, for film projection enthusiasts, tons of HT with actualy film projectors, but I'm at work and unless I can get lucky with google, I won't be able to find the link until tomorrow most likely when i make it home. If I forget to make it back post/pm and ill find you the link!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Long before the era of modern home theater, back in the mid-'70s, I once knew someone with a home theater equipped with twin Graflex 16mm projectors (with anamorphic lenses), and a pair of Altec-Lansing A7 Voice of the Theater horn speakers. We screened a privately owned 16mm MGM 'Scope lab print of 2001: A Space Odyssey. For the time, it was glorious. But I prefer the current DVD to that 16mm print!

John Hanra

Auditioning
Chris, thanks for the link. I have visited that site in the past and it does have some pretty cool information on it. I guess that what I was hoping for was maybe more information on home based projection rooms. That site is primarily a site for professional theaters. Thanks again.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Did you check out the galleries and the forums? There are tons of home-based projection setups and people with them there. They are obviously all using pro equipment, just implemented at home, so it really is the same thing...

Hi John,
Try 16mmfilms.com or efilmcenter.com you will find lots of info at these sites. You can also email me for any info,I have a 16mm screening room set up with two projectors and a 9' curved screen.I also have some 16mm prints and projectors for sale.
Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks