What's new

16:9 squeeze, swirling patterns, and image pulling (1 Viewer)

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 26 inch direct view Samsung and it can do the vertical squeeze from a built in command on the remote.
Picture resolution is much improved but there are two problems with this setting.
1. My set already suffers from raster ringing but putting it into 16:9 mode adds swirling curve patterns that look like the raster ringing bands following the contour lines on an elevation map. These swirls appear in the same "plane" as the raster ringing bands and are very obvious on dark images and grey test screens.
I don't think this is due to interference as I moved all my wires and other devices, swung the set around and the curves appear in exactly the same place.
However, if I go into service mode and manually adjust the vertical height, I get a different curve pattern depending on what height I set.
2. NTSC images pull at the top - a vertical line will go off at a 45 degree angle for about four or five scan lines. This does not happen in PAL and is not noticeable in full screen 4:3 due to my overscan setting.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nicole P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks