What's new

16:9 or 4:3 Projector? (1 Viewer)

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at a Front Projection setup. I'll only be using it to watch DVD's (progressive), and maybe play some PS2. Should I go for a native 4:3, or 16:9?
Right now I'm leaning towards the InFocus X1, which is 4:3, but supports the 16:9. I figure I can just manually mask the screen for 16:9 stuff.
Also, I have a fairly long throw for the projector, and the infocus matches up well with that.

I'm looking for advantages to each. I read an article about them on projectorcentral, and thats what had me leaning towards the 4:3.

Murdock

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Murdock,
Also check AVSForum they have a lot of stuff about projectors. It is the brother forum to this one.

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
See, one thing for me is my screen width is fixed. 90" wide is as big as I can go. That would be with a 12' viewing distance.
So, I can get 4:3 at 90" wide, and 16:9 at 90" wide. So, I'm really not giving up much either way.

Murdock

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Since my primary viewing habbit is dvds and hdtv I went with a 16:9 screen. Once you get your projector, I think you will be doing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks