What's new

15pin RGB VGA out on HD set top boxes? (1 Viewer)

Kia

Auditioning
Hello,
I have a Sony GDM-FW900 HDTV monitor display but it doesnt have component input, only a 15 pin VGA input. I'm wondering if any HD receivers have a VGA out connection. If not, would it be some how possible to use an IScan Pro or an adapter that can receive component input and output RGB VGA video with out degrading the signal at all? I've found a couple of adapters advertising component to VGA switching, but I'm worried if I decide to use one of the following devices, my video signal will loose detail. Here are the links to the two devices I speak of, and I know that the IScan Pro accepts component in and has VGA out.
http://www.copperbox.com/lite/popinf...neek=182944024
http://www.copperbox.com/lite/popinf...neek=272358431
I want to display the maximum resolution possible since my monitor is capable of reaching specs well beyond HDTV. Has anyone had experience using such adaptors? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kia

Kia

Auditioning
No need to be rude, I just wanted to confirm that I would not be experiencing any degrading of my video signal if I decided to use one of the adapters. Thanks Phil for answering my original question but I'd also like to know if I can use the alternative approach for viewing HD material on my monitor. I'm looking into the transcoders to connect my monitor to an XBox or say a stand alone progressive DVD player both of which only have component out. Is this a viable option to view high definition material with out degrading the signal at all? I'm glad I wont need to use this for an HD receiver or even with a progressive DVD player since I can run progressive DVD drives through my video card that has the 15pin VGA connection. But what about a stand alone player or an XBox? Can I use one of those adapters to view full 1080x1920 HDTV resolution provided that the games support it. I know the game Test Drive is the first and only reported game so far to support HDTV resolution for XBox and several other games will be developed in the 16x9 aspect ratio. So can anyone confirm that I wont be loosing any video quality when running through the mentioned adapters?
Thanks,
Kia

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks