$150 - $200 to spend

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by justin bendel, Jul 29, 2006.

1. justin bendel

hey fellas i want to buy a cheap 5.1 or 6.1 reciever with a subwoofer output and to power my 2 infinity il10 bookshelf speakers and a jbl e150p subwoofer in my bedroom.
    strictly for music, my room is about 13x13x8 size

thanks i currently have an onkyo tx-8211 reciever

id like to purchase the reciever on ebay because of the money i can save

thanks
    jt

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

If you want a simple stereo for music operation you might want to stay with a stereo receiver or an integrated amplifier (no tuner). There are many good stereo receivers and integrated amplifiers with sub outs. If you buy a cheaper surround receiver I think you will be dissapointed with the sound (it probably won't sound better that the onkyo tx-8211). I have a pair of IL 10's too, I just noticed that.

Seth=L

3. justin bendel

4. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

BUY THE PIONEER! I had a RCA pro series reciever (made by pioneer, which coinsides with this series pioneer) it sounded great with my IL 10's. This won't let you down in power and its got some great features. Great choice for future upgrades, Pre outs and all that jazz

Then after you buy this you can sell your Onkyo on ebay for about the same you buy Pioneer.

Seth=L

5. justin bendel

which pioneer?

6. Rick88

Rick88 Auditioning

I would recommend the Harman Kardon 3480. It is a 2 channel receiver with 120 wpc. It does have a sub out. You can get it for $264 including shipping from J&R.com. Thay are an authorized dealer. You could get it cheaper on Ebay also.

7. justin bendel

its too late i already bought the pioneer for 140 including shipping

thanks though

jt

8. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

That Pioneer, ^, the one you had a link to. It seems you bought though, good choice. I did not expect to see surround sound receiver that good go for that price. You might have gotten lucky. That Pioneer has the nice warm sound that should help to neutralize the naturally bright sound of the Infinity Interlude 10's (these are my second favorite pair of speakers in my home)

Seth=L

9. justin bendel

yea these il10s are nice speakers
    i bought em from circuit city as an open box item, i think the salesman fucked up and only charged me for one because i only paid like 80 bucks for 2 of em

10. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

Holy crap you got a killer deal. I to got mine open box, but not for that low of a price. I think mine were closer to $200, and some moron had the gumption to stab the speaker with a pen just missing the woofer. Don't you just hate that when you go to the big box stores and find a speaker you want to listen to only to find out they sound like royal crap because some idiots smashed the tweeter or the woofer dust cap, bastards.

Seth=L

11. justin bendel

every once in a while you get lucky
    [​IMG]