What's new

1492: Conquest of Paradise out in France Oct. 6th (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I hope this one gets a good transfer but i'm wary because it is an old release and has never seemed to get the love, care and attention it deserves, i really enjoy this film and the music score is fabulous.

Looking forward to some positive news on this one. ( hopefully good news )

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by trajan

Is the French release region free?

Rumor has it could be, I wouldn't order it till it's confirmed unless you have a region free Blu-ray player.

SergeiShadow

Agent
Real Name
Sergei Alenonov
Charles would you work with Ridley Scott for 1492: Conquest of Paradise 20th Anniversary release?

Many people including myself still have the film on various Laserdisc and imported DVD releases.

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
The France Blu-ray is decent, but still leaves alot to be desired. It's presented in 1080i and it seems the video transfer while being the best the film has ever looked could be improved on with a nice 1080p video transfer supervised by Ridley Scott. It's region free but your Blu-ray player has to be able to play NTSC/PAL to have any shot to play it and it doesn't work on some Region A players, especially those that don't support PAL playback.

Glad to hear that Charles would take on a 1492 20th anniversary project for DVD/Blu-ray release if he was offered it. It still makes zero sense why there isn't a decent anamorphic theatrical DVD released yet in the USA for 1492, plenty of drivel on the market and a well made, directed film can't even see a DVD release for whatever reason. I wonder who has the rights in the USA to release a DVD/Blu-ray? There is definitely a market for this film in the USA, the score is well known and it has a great cast and it's a Ridley Scott film. I wonder if it will ever see a release on DVD/Blu-ray in the USA, just makes no sense at all that with all the movies that see release in the USA on home video this film is just collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks