140 more DVD-A titles coming..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

....Might be old news but....
    "Under the terms of the agreement, Silverline Records has obtained exclusive license rights for all six-channel formats for 140 unique albums of Sanctuary repertoire including past and future releases. Beginning in April 2002, Silverline Records will release multiple DVD-Audio titles per month by artists such as Bob Marley, Styx, The Kinks, Joey Ramone, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Widespread Panic, Sex Pistols and Megadeth to name a few."
    http://www.51entertainmentgroup.com/..._sanctuary.htm

2. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Sounds great, me being a Megadeth fan and all. [​IMG]

3. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Well apparently I will be buying a DVD-A player this year. Wow!!!!!!!! I am a huge 'Deth fan!

4. Zack Scott

Zack Scott Stunt Coordinator

Bring me Paradise Theatre!!!!

5. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Keep in mind that Sanctuary generally has lesser-known titles from the artists mentioned. You won't be getting the big-name Styx or Megadeth albums or "Bollocks" by the Sex Pistols. You won't get Bob Marley's Island albums. What Sanctuary has is some live stuff, and stuff recorded before and/or after a band's commercial prime.
    Here's what they've got:
    Sanctuary on CDNOW
    While there's some worthwhile stuff there, it's not the mother lode folks seem to be thinking it is.
    Ryan

6. Patrick Taylor

Any of the Styx or Marillion stuff that might come out on DVD-A would keep me happy for a while, as long as they don't butcher the recordings doing it.

I don't have a DVD-A player but I do enjoy listening to the DD 5.1 mixes of the two titles I own, Rumours and "4".

PAT

7. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Ryan,

Thanks for the link. I was doing a search for some of their stuff but didn't think about checking CD Now. I had no idea that Sanctuary had the rights to so many of Uriah Heep"s stuff and although my favorite two (Magician's Birthday and Demons & Wizards) aren't listed, there are a few others that are very good as well, not to mention the Yes-Keys To Ascension lp as well.

Cheers!

8. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

Sigh....still not enough hard rock. [​IMG]

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Ryan, thanks for the CDNOW link. There are some good artists there, but as you said, the key titles are not there. Given that and the fact that Silverline Records will likely not include discrete stereo tracks on these DVD-Audio discs, I'd say this announcement is nothing to get too excited about. I say, [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Well hopefully in the list from cdnow at least some of the following will be put onto DVD-A:
    Annihilator
    Biohazard
    Corrosion of Conformity
    Dokken
    Megadeth
    Motorhead
    Overkill
    Rollins Band
    That will make the hard rock titles a lot more plentiful, but I still want more [​IMG]

11. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

Styx baby! Give me Styx! Mr. Roboto is going to sound excellent if they do it right.

12. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Shawn, in looking at Ryan's CDNOW link to Sanctuary Records titles, I don't see Mr. Roboto. They don't have the rights to classic Styx albums.

13. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

I'm a huge Marillion fan so I'll probably pick those up if they do them, even if they're terrible. [​IMG]
    Seeing as how those records are still with EMI in England though, I'm not sure if they'll let Sanctuary at the master tapes for remixing...
    Ryan