14" (or smaller) Flat Panels with cable card inputs?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarkHastings, Jul 10, 2005.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

EDIT: Post changed to reflect title change...

I just bought a new condo and there's a cable jack in the kitchen. It's perfect for an "Under the Cabinet" TV.

I wanted to go with a flat panel mounted on one of those 'wall arms', so I can push the tv back when I need the counter space. I was telling this to the cable guy and he mentioned, that I look into the flat panels with a Cable Card input (since I have the HD cable signal) so I can get all of my digital stations without the need for a cable box.

He wasn't sure if they were out yet, but he said they should be out soon. I can't seem to find any at the stores or online.

Anyone have any info on the availability of these? If so, I'm looking for 10" - 14", and probably no more than $600.

Thanks

2. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

You should ask the moderator to change your title to 'small TV's that have CableCard input'. That is what you are looking for, not an HDMI input...

3. MarkHastings

Oh, I thought they were the same. Thanks

Maybe that's why I can't seem to find any online. :b I'll have to do a new search.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hmm...as of now, i haven't seen any 14" lcd's with cable-card in my store. heck, i'm not even sure if the big ass lcd's (32ish) have them either.

i definitely don't think that's a feature in the smaller sets though.

5. MarkHastings

Yeah, I figured it may be a while for the smaller ones to come equipped and that (for now), I'll just go with a cheap 4x3 LCD.

Well, then my new question would be, what's a good "under the cabinet" flat panel? It seems that all of the TV's, that are made for this exact purpose, are 7"-9". I really want 14"-15" that I can mount on a wall mount (arm).

The Aquos seems great, but they're like $500 because of their progressive scan capabilities. I obviously don't need this since I'll only be watching 'regular' cable through it, but it looks like this may be the way I'll have to go.

Ideas?