What's new

13 Going On 30 DVD (1 Viewer)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to find out if their is going to be a Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo commentary on the upcoming DVD. DVDFILE states that it will have it while Digital Bits shows that it will just have a commantary by the director and producers. Which is true?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Features directly from the Columbia Tristar PR site:
- Director Gary Winick's Commentary
- Producers' Commentary
- 18 Deleted Scenes
- Bloopers Reel
- "I Was a Teenage Geek" Featurette
- "Making of a Teen Dream: Another Take" Featurette
- "The Making of a Teen Dream" Featurette
- The 80's Outfit Challenge
- Theatrical Trailer
- Promos
- Video Still Gallery

Then some more specs from the monthly PDF file from CT:
DVD Special Features
• 18 Deleted and Extended Scenes
• Blooper Reel
• Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo Commentary
• Filmmakers’ Commentary
• “I Was a Teenage Geek” Featurette
• The Making-of 13 GOING ON 30
• Music Videos
• “The 80’s Outfit Challenge” Set-Top Feature
• “Then and Now” Set-Top Feature
(all features pending)

---------------------------------

Basically, I think you'll have to wait for the official press release to get the finalized specs. Either of these listed could be correct or incorrect. My guess is that the Garner/Ruffalo commentary is still pending and thus wasn't included in the website list.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Looking forward to this dvd. And hope we do get the actors commentary. Would be cool for some outtakes on the Thriller video too. :)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Any news on this?

I'm not sure whether I want to buy the DVD and a Jennifer Garner commentary could convince me to do so.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
My daughters and I finally watched this dvd last night. Looked great and had good sound. Just a charming movie all around. In fact they have a friend over right now and are watching it again.

I got bumped to the bedroom for football watching. :D

This is one of my favorites of it's kind in recent memory. Jennifer Garner has incredible screen presence and shows great promise with romantic comedy.

She's a natural.

RodneyT

Stunt Coordinator
people actually thought this film was okay? personally, i thought it lacked even the most basic of romantic prerequisites: chemistry between its leads. This makes a "romantic comedy" live or die. This one died. Although i agree, the Thriller sequence wasnt too bad.....

Jennifer Garner could have done more than this.....

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
It’s true. As I said, it is kind of nice. It’s true that the romance part didn’t work well. Chemistry or not, I think the romance part was not developed well enough. It wasn’t believable. You might laugh how that is possible with a movie involving magic dust but it was just not satisfying. I thought it had a great idea. Especially I like the idea of finding the person you ignored in your childhood much later and see that he/she is actually cooler and better than what you thought!

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

I thought it was pretty creepy, actually, considering who performs that song coupled with the subject matter of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks