13 Ghosts...what a rip off!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sparks, Oct 7, 2001.

1. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

John Sparks
    ...opened it up, only ONE blue/red paper ghost viewer...why???...but you can order extras for $2.95 each...bastards!!! It's double sided, so started watching side one, figured side one had the movie and side two had the extras...watch half the movie and could see ghosts without the viewer because up 'til then everything was black and white. Decided to flip it over and watch the extras, which showed blue ghost scenes...what gives???...ready for this, side one plays the movie in black and white only and side two plays the movie in black and white with blue ghost scenes, nothing tells you that!!! And to top it off, it freezes half way thru, now I have to return it for another...what a piss ass evening!!!

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    [​IMG]
    Illusion-O at work.
    There's an intro before the "ghost viewer" version that tells you how to use the glasses. I dunno how you missed it.
    ------------------
    P.S.: There's no P.S.

3. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

John Sparks
    ...CAUGHT YOU Jose/Patrick!!!!!!

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

My copy included two viewers. Guess I was lucky. [​IMG]
    In tiny text on the ring of one side of the disc is "Illusion-O", though it's kind of hard to make out. I'm not sure how CTHV could've made the difference between the sides more obvious, given the limited amount of space.
    I didn't have any problems with my copy freezing. I really enjoyed the movie, and the Illusion-O effect worked far better than I thought it would.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

5. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    ...at the bottom of the back cover...albet rather small...is a rectangle, stating that one side is the WIDESCREEN verson, and the other is the "B" side does not have the ILLUSION-O version.
    i enjoyed the entire disc. have seen the movie in the theater loooooong time ago i knew what to expect....and it was as i remembered. i hope that Columbia might get bold and release a 3-D movie as well. They have THE MAD MAGACIAN with Vincent Prince. Lots of fun.

6. Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown Second Unit

I liked this DVD alot. Its now one of my favorites. The "blue" ghost scenes your commenting on is exactly how this film looked in the theaters. Castle used gimmicks in most of his films.
    Todd
    P.S. I also had no trouble with the disc freezing half way thru.
    ------------------