What's new

13 disc Abbott & Costello Collection Box Set for R2 (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Those of who would prefer PAL versions, or maybe have an aversion to Universal's double sided discs, are going to be overjoyed; Play.com is showing The Abbott & Costello Collection Box Set (28 Discs) for release in July, retailing at a penny shy of £120 (rather more per film than in R1...)

They are also coming as double features (except the documentary 'Meet The Monsters' which gets a stand alone release) - ..Meet Frankenstein / Mummy, Invisible Man / Go To Mars, Meet The Killer / Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, Buck Privates / Night In The Tropics, Buck Privates Come Home / The World Of Abbott And Costello, Comin Round The Mountain / Little Giant, Foreign Legion / Keystone Cops, Here Come The Co-Eds / In Society, Hit The Ice / Lost In Alaska, Hold That Ghost / In The Navy, Keep 'Em Flying / Ride 'Em Cowboy, Mexican Hayride / Wistful Widows, Pardon My Sarong / Who Done It, The Naughty Nineties / Time Of Their Lives.

EDIT - Play.com has now changed the details in the link above from '28 discs' to '13 discs'.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Interesting, but im waiting to find out if these double features are single sided or double sided dvds for region 2. If they are double sided in region 2, ill just buy the region 1 abbott and costello volume 3 off amazon, that may also be double sided as well but that 1 has a handfull of their films , instead of a double feature.Itll all come down to whether region 2 are single sided or not, anyone know ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
the 2 movie double feature versions of these could easilly fit on 1 dual layered 1 sided dvd , i will be extemely upset if i find out its double sided dvds, i was avoiding the region 1 version for that reason alone.If these are the same, ill just get the region 1 version which has around 7 or 8 movies on each collection for the same price that region 2 charges for just 2 of them.If only there was a way to know for sure before monday !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Check this out and tell me what you think, over at the website play.com theyve added the dvd boxart for all of these, the covers for the double features look too thick to be 1 dvd.So these are probably 2 disc sets as far as the double features go, not the big boxset. To see them, just type in abbott and costello once youre at the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks