13 disc Abbott & Costello Collection Box Set for R2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Hodson, May 10, 2006.

1. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    Those of who would prefer PAL versions, or maybe have an aversion to Universal's double sided discs, are going to be overjoyed; Play.com is showing The Abbott & Costello Collection Box Set (28 Discs) for release in July, retailing at a penny shy of £120 (rather more per film than in R1...)

They are also coming as double features (except the documentary 'Meet The Monsters' which gets a stand alone release) - ..Meet Frankenstein / Mummy, Invisible Man / Go To Mars, Meet The Killer / Jekyll And Mr. Hyde, Buck Privates / Night In The Tropics, Buck Privates Come Home / The World Of Abbott And Costello, Comin Round The Mountain / Little Giant, Foreign Legion / Keystone Cops, Here Come The Co-Eds / In Society, Hit The Ice / Lost In Alaska, Hold That Ghost / In The Navy, Keep 'Em Flying / Ride 'Em Cowboy, Mexican Hayride / Wistful Widows, Pardon My Sarong / Who Done It, The Naughty Nineties / Time Of Their Lives.

EDIT - Play.com has now changed the details in the link above from '28 discs' to '13 discs'.

2. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Interesting, but im waiting to find out if these double features are single sided or double sided dvds for region 2. If they are double sided in region 2, ill just buy the region 1 abbott and costello volume 3 off amazon, that may also be double sided as well but that 1 has a handfull of their films , instead of a double feature.Itll all come down to whether region 2 are single sided or not, anyone know ?

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Does anyone have anymore news or information on this box set yet?

Like how the discs are formatted and packaged, transfers and image quality, extras, interior artwork, box layouts, etc?

Also, why is DVDTimes listing this as a 13-disc set??

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=62403

PS - Will these be NTSC or PAL sourced transfers?

4. Xenia Stathakopoulou

the 2 movie double feature versions of these could easilly fit on 1 dual layered 1 sided dvd , i will be extemely upset if i find out its double sided dvds, i was avoiding the region 1 version for that reason alone.If these are the same, ill just get the region 1 version which has around 7 or 8 movies on each collection for the same price that region 2 charges for just 2 of them.If only there was a way to know for sure before monday !

5. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Oops !Meant to say i wish there was a way to find out before monday august 28th, not this monday.

6. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Check this out and tell me what you think, over at the website play.com, theyve added the dvd boxart for all of these, the covers for the double features look too thick to be 1 dvd.So these are probably 2 disc sets as far as the double features go, not the big boxset. To see them, just type in abbott and costello once youre at the site.

7. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    Play.com has now changed the details in the link in the first post from '28 discs' to '13 discs'.

8. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Well... still no new info or reviews??