What's new

12v Trigger Splitter Hum (1 Viewer)

Incloud

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobby
I have only one 12v trigger on AVR so ran a splitter to my XPA-100 and LPA-1. Then the trigger out to my SVS PB-2000. All is good but I'm getting a low hum now from the sub. I've already tried different configurations with no luck and have the sub on a separate outlet now. No hum without trigger. I'd really like to keep the trigger but don't want the hum or to potentially damage components. Any suggestions are truly appreciated and bare in mind I've already attempted the most common fixes found online. Just hoping someone with experience trying to sort this out may step in. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You don't need a trigger on the sub, Just set it to auto and it should work just fine. If it isn't turning on reliably, then turn down the volume on the sub and increase the output from your receiver or processor so the sub is receiving a higher signal for it to sense.

I know you said you want the trigger on the sub, but it just isn't necessary and is causing a ground loop, which can be a real pain to eliminate. Since you know how to eliminate it, by removing the trigger cable, just do that.

Incloud

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobby
Thanks, I'm using it now without the trigger and it works but it doesn't go into standby when I power the system down or power up with the system. I suppose it's a trade-off of hum or standby. I'll try your suggestion and see if it's more sensitive. As of now movies seem to be missing a lot of bass. It's almost as if it only outputs LFE and other than that there's not much bass from the speakers crossed at 80hz.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The sub takes about 15 minutes for it to shut off in auto mode. Give it time before you change anything. If it's not shutting off, then the problem is the opposite of what I described, so don't do that. It really should shut off.

It sounds like your system isn't calibrated right.

Incloud

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobby
Alright! Just bought the splitter yesterday and was psyched it all worked great. But I hate the him as low as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks