12v car battery light

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Looking to put a light back in the back of my Subaru Outback for the dark winter days and nights and stuff and looking for a decent light that would run off of a 12v DC source that is in the back of my Outback. Something that gives off a decent amount of area light. Perhaps a small lantern like device that runs off of 12v DC with a switch on it. LEDs would be great but not necessary. Something I can keep in the car without having to remember to bring a flashlight or my car camping lantern with me on my winter ski or snowshoe trips when it gets dark around 5pm.

Jay

2. ClintS

ClintS Stunt Coordinator

I bought my wife a Jumpstart battery/LED Light/compressor at Sam's Club for $50. It can be powered by a 12v outlet or the internal battery. It looks like this one except its gray and has the compressor Vector Jumpstart. The light is very bright and the jumpstart feature has already proved itself handy. She leaves it in the back of the minivan. I charge it on the 110v charger about once every month or two to maitain the internal battery.