What's new

12ga spkr wire question: RS vs Home Depot (1 Viewer)

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm at the point where I will run my speaker wire for the HT i'm constructing. Went to both Home Depot and Radio Shack tonite to check on pricing on bulk wiring. RS has 12ga for $1 a foot while HD was at 34 cents a foot. I seriously expected them to be close in pricing but....

Question is, is there that much difference? Naked eye inspection didn't show much difference.

Thanks,

Kurt

Rich Pascarelli

Auditioning
I have compared RS and HD prices for several items in the past and have always found HD to be much better priced. I have no doubt that is the case here too. The only other thing to check is if the one from RS was shielded but I don't think that would be the case.

Are you running 2 or 4 conductor?

Rich

Cam S

Screenwriter
Are you going with UL approved wire for in-wall wiring?? I'd for sure go with the HD wire.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
The wiring is indeed UL approved for in wall deployment. I'm doing the entire construction project to code :)
Looks like HD is my next stop tonite.
Thanks all
Kurt

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
I know this isn't quite on topic with this thread but want to ask.. What department in Home Depot has speaker wire and such. I have been to my local HD and havent seen anything other then alarm wire.

Thanks in advance.

~Loring

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Loring - Go to the electrical section. If you can't find it there then flag down someone to help you. It's usually in the same isle as all the other wires, but not right next to regular electrical wiring (since they probably don't want people to get the two mixed up).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks