1248 CD case for $50,00

Discussion in 'Music' started by Henry Gale, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

I've tried to keep my home theater in antique furniture as much as possible. Finally succumbed to a modern Italian (Belaggio sp?) rack for it's immense practicality, but it's also nearly invisible in the room.
    Today my mate & I picked up a 1936 wood mail sorting case. 6' wide, 4' tall (above its legs). It's going to need a little TLC, been in a garage for several years, but the spaces in it hold 6 CDs each perfectly. 8 rows of 26 compartments.

[​IMG]

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Could you post a pic?

I hate all these wood-product or plastic cd cabinets, towers, etc. They're almost worse looking and more inefficient than the blooody jewel cases [​IMG]

The nicest thing I got was a pretty decent replica of a British Telephone Booth, holds well over a hundred DVD's and videos in a semi-classy way.

3. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Can't do a photo right away John, there is a digital camera in my life, finally, but hosting etc. is still beyond me.
    Anyway I want to get some linseed oil on this monster and clean it up a bit before showing it off.
    The phone booth sounds chic.

Jim

4. Ken_WI

Ken_WI Stunt Coordinator

In the near future terabyte hard drives will be $200 and we can finally transfer our CDs to a lossless jukebox and put the physical discs in the attic...[​IMG]

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Sure you can.
    I still have hundreds of 78s and thousands of 45s and 33rpm albums. Even the CDs have liner notes and info on the artists and session participants. I love that stuff.
    Who's gonna autograph your hard drive?
    I live in South Central Texas. The attic makes poor disc storage. [​IMG]

6. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jim, I've spent alot of time in Kerrville. The attics there would turn CD's into melted art objects.[​IMG]