What's new

$1200 To Spend on Home Theater Speakers, spend my money. (1 Viewer)

Cslinger

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Ok so I am trying to replace my BOSE acoustimas system and am very close to buying 5 Infinity Primus 360s and a Beta C360 center.

That being said if you had the following criteria what would you buy and why.

$1200 limit including shipping. Don't worry about ancillary costs such as speaker wire etc. Just focus on the speakers.
6.1 system.
Only Need Left Front, Center, Right Front, Left Rear, Center Rear, Right Rear.
DO NOT NEED A SUB. I already have a 12inch Velodyne. So no need to figure SUB cost.
All will be powered from an Onkyo TXSR601 85 watts X 6 AMP.
Room is a carpeted bonus room roughly 19x19 with lots of pictures etc.
I prefer warmer sound but want the best range of sound possible within budget.
I would like it to sound great for both movies/TV and music.

So there you have it. Spend my money and let me know why you would go this route. Remember what I am moving up from so any full range sound will sound much better then the all highs and lows I have now.

Thanks
Chris

Cslinger

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Just one more thing. I am sorry for asking the stupid newbie questions it is just that I buy audio equipment so rarely that by the time I upgrade I need to do all the legwork all over again because I don't keep up with things. I can understand the lingo and what not but it is not my expertise by any stretch of the imagination and I find going to the audiophiles/experts is ususally the best way of figuring out what sucks, what is stupid good and then what would fit me in between.

Cars, computers, firearms I am your guy. This stuff I have to reach out and be the annoying stupid newbie.

Thanks again,

Chris

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Send me the money...I'll be happy to spend it :D

I'll second the Ascends. For the money, that is one of the first places I'd look. For a room that size, I think you'll want 340s up front for sure. My room is 19x20 and that size of room is a bit harder to fill. The Ascends are not exactly warm though; I would describe them as articulate.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Chris, pm me over at Oleg's... I can make some suggestions, maybe get you some better gear with a little beer money left over.

Cslinger

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Thanks Bogie. I haven't been here too much. Thanks for all the info given over at THR. I would love to see/hear Bogie's bunker one of these days.

aroon

Auditioning

im kind of the the same boat as the title poster but with a bit smaller budget...but not looking for a surround system

im looking at these ascend acoustics speakers; could you talk about them a bit more? im reading around online but id like to hear what you guys think about them.

so far im pretty interested in the CBM-170 SE bookshelf speakers and pairing them with an SVS PB10. What reciever would you guys imagine adding to that set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks