What's new

12 volt trigger (1 Viewer)

D

Don Y

My receiver has a 12 volt trigger. Can I split this signal to two surge protectors. The Paramax has surge protectors that can be activated with a 12 volt trigger. The problem is my components are split half on one side of my tv the other half on the other side. I will be using two Paramax surge protectors and would like to trigger them both with my receiver.

Tim Hood

Agent
Wouldn't the current needed to activate the Panamax matter?

It could pull too much current from the original 12V source?

Even though when paralleled the voltage is the same, it might be too demanding.

Just being paranoid I suppose.

Tim

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
I have two panamax 1000+ triggered by my Lexicon with is 12 volts. No problems for over a year. Just a FYI

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
If you do just plug a 12volt wall wart into a switched outlet on the pack of your unit and cut off the plug

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
The current draw for a trigger is usually minimal. Usually a few mA. All that it does is turn on a logic circuit (a relay is used for higer power equip)inside the other component. So splitting shouldnt be a problem. If it is a major concerne, there should be a rating on the receiver for the trigger. Also, depending on the receiver, the output may be fused for just such a problem.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks