12 volt trigger cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EarleD, Oct 12, 2002.

1. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

I cant seem to find one of these anywhere. Can somebody point me to a link for one. I need to go from my Rotel 1055 to a Panamax 5300.

TIA

Earle

2. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Any cable with mini plugs on each end will work. Try Rat Shack for $4 or so.

3. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Russ' advice is good; I've done the same.
    Get thee to the Shack and buy a 1/8" to 1/8" cable. Depending on the terminations you need, you might have to strip one end of it for bare wires. NOTE: If a bare wire connection doesn't work the first time you try it, try switching the wires between the two connection points and try again - that should do it!

Good luck!
    -Paul

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Earle, the only 12VDC trigger I can think of is one that sends the signal from the Rotel to the Panamax.

It this instance, a RatShack 12VDC adapter ($13) is plugged into the Rotel Switched 110V accessory outlet. The trigger wire is fitted w/ 1.5mm or 3.5mm plug to fit. RS has several: a 500mA; a variable to 300mA. Check the Panamax spec sheet for it's 12V Trigger input sensitivity.

If you go this way, and get the RS plug-size kit, be careful that the final plug onto the wire follows the correct polarity as indicated.

I dont have Rotel, so I hope I'm not talkin' outa my hat...

5. Jerry St.Marie

The only question is the type of 12v connections there are on your Rotel and Panamax. I've got a 12v connection running from my B&K to my Monster Cable power conditioner that powers up my amp and other junk. If yours is the same as mine it's a two conductor cable with a mini mono phono plug on each end. Cost you a couple of bucks at RS.

6. Jerry St.Marie

My mistake,I didn't know the Rotel was a receiver. I downloaded rear views of your Rotel and a Panamax 5100 and what I said before still holds true. Just run the mono mini phono cable from the Rotel to the Panamax. When the Rotel is powered up it sends 12v to the Panamax to power up the switched sockets.

7. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Ill let you know how it goes.

Earle

8. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Works perfect. Cost 2.99

Thanks again

Earle