12 november Metallica Live Box set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Sep 12, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article...=6457&type=NWS
    Metallica are currently working on a live DVD boxed set which set for release in the US on 12th November.
    The package, which will feature their original 'Live Shit: Binge And Purge' video on DVD for the first time ever, will also be issued on two discs and will come with a whole host of other goodies including a Metallica stencil and your own backstage pass!
    The RRP is $59.99
    ================================================== ==========
    and this is from their website http://www.metallica.com/metdotcom/indexa.html
    Live Shit on DVD:
    Yes, it's true. "Live Shit: Binge and Purge" will be released in a DVD format. The suggested list price is $59.99. The set will include 2 DVD discs (San Diego and Seattle shows) and 3 audio discs (the Mexico City shows) all packaged together in some sort of a box, but will be smaller than the original so that it can be found in the CD section. Details on this are still being worked out. Both the stencil and the sticky pass will be part of the set. The book will be on one of the DVD's to download and print. It will also be available on Metallica.com for downloading. Binge & Purge DVD set is scheduled to hit your favorite record store on November 12, 2002 (subject to change).
    Check back for more details (including international release info) as we get 'em.
    ================================================== ==========
    great news indeed

2. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

Awesome, Metallica is my all time favorite band [​IMG]

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

So fans have to buy the box set again just to get the two DVDs? Just what I need, another Metallica stencil.

4. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

At least they lowered the price from 80 to 60 [​IMG]

5. StevenA

StevenA Second Unit

I've heard the cds and they never struck me as being really great live Metallica recordings. I've heard better live versions of some of the material.

I've never seen the videos, though. Are they to be recommended?

6. Derek U

Derek U Stunt Coordinator

Considering that I have S&M and Cunning Stunts on DVD (not to mention that I already shelled out the money for the original "Live S**t" box with VHS :[​IMG] ), I'll probably let this one go.
    Derek

7. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

Ive been hoping they would release this on dvd. It sucks that you cant get the dvd's without the cd's. Oh well my cd's are pretty scratched up anyway.

8. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

I liked Metallica until after I met them. I think I will pass on this one.

9. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

IS these still been released?? Havent heard much info on it and couldnt find any on the metallica website.

10. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I have heard nothing about this either. I would love to have that Seattle show from 89' on DVD though. Metallica at their peak IMO.[​IMG]

11. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Both CDNow and Amazon list this on their site as being released on Nov. 12.
    I'm assuming the CDs won't be remastered (?)

12. RobertDragon

RobertDragon Auditioning

Well i bought the original CD boxset the day it came out. A few years later my friend sat on CD 1 and broke it in half [​IMG] Now i have a reason to replace them all i guess.

13. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

FYI - Best Buy is advertising this set for $39.99 this week.

14. Iain Brown

Iain Brown Agent

I just got confirmation that this box set has shipped from Amazon - can't wait till it arrives.
    According to The Metallica Club the cd's are the same as the original release and unfortunatly the DVD's are'nt in 5.1 but they will sound and look alot better than the video's did, plus the added bonus of chapter stops.

15. Gregory E

Gregory E Second Unit

For those who care, DeepDiscountDVD.com is selling this box set for $35.99 w/free shipping of course. I don't know if I'll be buying this one or not since I'm not really a huge Metallica fan anymore. I used to have the CDs from this box set until some a**hole stole them. [​IMG]

16. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

I'm a huge fan of the band, as well. I'm just not keen on spending $40 on the box set. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but tomorrow's gonna be an expensive day as it is at Best Buy for me. [​IMG]
    scott.

17. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

Hmm, no remastered CD's, no 5.1 sound, no thanks. Seems like Metallica has just been in it for the money these last few years anyway...

18. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

For US$60 they could have re-friggin-mastered the set. I'm a Metallica fan, but Ulrich must think I'll just open my wallet anytime they write the band's name on a product.
    It sucks too, since I really *do* want this material ... I'm just so ticked it's retailing for US$60 and they haven't even bothered to do *ANYTHING* to it since the content was originally mastered about a decade ago.
    There should be a DVD set for US$20 if as-from-VHS, US$30 if they remaster it and clean it up, and something like US$45 if they include the three original CDs.
    Guess I'll be looking for a used set somewhere. I'm not paying over-the-counter for it the way things stand now. [​IMG]

19. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Second Unit

$35.99 doesnt sounds to bad. Think i will order it from there. I always been a huge Metallica fan. Wished they toured again so I can go to some concerts again. The Live shows have always been there bread and butter imo.

20. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

No 5.1 = No sale.
    This is very unfortunate. There is no excuse to release these without 5.1.
    Very disappointed.[​IMG]