What's new

12 november Metallica Live Box set (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed
Metallica are currently working on a live DVD boxed set which set for release in the US on 12th November.
The package, which will feature their original 'Live Shit: Binge And Purge' video on DVD for the first time ever, will also be issued on two discs and will come with a whole host of other goodies including a Metallica stencil and your own backstage pass!
The RRP is $59.99
================================================== ==========
and this is from their website http://www.metallica.com/metdotcom/indexa.html
Live Shit on DVD:
Yes, it's true. "Live Shit: Binge and Purge" will be released in a DVD format. The suggested list price is $59.99. The set will include 2 DVD discs (San Diego and Seattle shows) and 3 audio discs (the Mexico City shows) all packaged together in some sort of a box, but will be smaller than the original so that it can be found in the CD section. Details on this are still being worked out. Both the stencil and the sticky pass will be part of the set. The book will be on one of the DVD's to download and print. It will also be available on Metallica.com for downloading. Binge & Purge DVD set is scheduled to hit your favorite record store on November 12, 2002 (subject to change).
Check back for more details (including international release info) as we get 'em.
================================================== ==========
great news indeed

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
So fans have to buy the box set again just to get the two DVDs? Just what I need, another Metallica stencil.

StevenA

Second Unit
I've heard the cds and they never struck me as being really great live Metallica recordings. I've heard better live versions of some of the material.

I've never seen the videos, though. Are they to be recommended?

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
Considering that I have S&M and Cunning Stunts on DVD (not to mention that I already shelled out the money for the original "Live S**t" box with VHS ::angry: ), I'll probably let this one go.
Derek

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Ive been hoping they would release this on dvd. It sucks that you cant get the dvd's without the cd's. Oh well my cd's are pretty scratched up anyway.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
IS these still been released?? Havent heard much info on it and couldnt find any on the metallica website.

HankM

Second Unit
I have heard nothing about this either. I would love to have that Seattle show from 89' on DVD though. Metallica at their peak IMO.:D

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Both CDNow and Amazon list this on their site as being released on Nov. 12.
I'm assuming the CDs won't be remastered (?)
I've heard the cds and they never struck me as being really great live Metallica recordings.
They're decent, I suppose. Plus, Alfred Hitchcock theme tease during the solos. That's worth $60 by itself, ain't it? ;)
It's too bad that, during their 'downtime' they couldn't release some classic live shows ... even some from the Cliff years.

RobertDragon

Auditioning
Well i bought the original CD boxset the day it came out. A few years later my friend sat on CD 1 and broke it in half :frowning: Now i have a reason to replace them all i guess.

Iain Brown

Agent
I just got confirmation that this box set has shipped from Amazon - can't wait till it arrives.
According to The Metallica Club the cd's are the same as the original release and unfortunatly the DVD's are'nt in 5.1 but they will sound and look alot better than the video's did, plus the added bonus of chapter stops.

Gregory E

Second Unit
For those who care, DeepDiscountDVD.com is selling this box set for $35.99 w/free shipping of course. I don't know if I'll be buying this one or not since I'm not really a huge Metallica fan anymore. I used to have the CDs from this box set until some a**hole stole them. :angry:

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I'm a huge fan of the band, as well. I'm just not keen on spending $40 on the box set. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but tomorrow's gonna be an expensive day as it is at Best Buy for me. :)
scott.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Hmm, no remastered CD's, no 5.1 sound, no thanks. Seems like Metallica has just been in it for the money these last few years anyway...

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
For US$60 they could have re-friggin-mastered the set. I'm a Metallica fan, but Ulrich must think I'll just open my wallet anytime they write the band's name on a product.
It sucks too, since I really *do* want this material ... I'm just so ticked it's retailing for US$60 and they haven't even bothered to do *ANYTHING* to it since the content was originally mastered about a decade ago.
There should be a DVD set for US$20 if as-from-VHS, US$30 if they remaster it and clean it up, and something like US$45 if they include the three original CDs.
Guess I'll be looking for a used set somewhere. I'm not paying over-the-counter for it the way things stand now. :frowning:

Bolivar G

Second Unit
$35.99 doesnt sounds to bad. Think i will order it from there. I always been a huge Metallica fan. Wished they toured again so I can go to some concerts again. The Live shows have always been there bread and butter imo.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
No 5.1 = No sale.
This is very unfortunate. There is no excuse to release these without 5.1.
Very disappointed.:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks