12 Monkeys: Ultimate Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Anyone hear anything new on this?

2. Jakob_S

Jakob_S Stunt Coordinator

Yeah what's up with this title? I'm thinking of buying the DTS-version (I know there's no xtras, but I think the movie itself is most important), but if a UE is coming up, I'll wait for that.

Anyone?

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I am one of those who can hear differences between DD and DTS tracks, although that is probably more attributable to a different master than any codec difference (SPR being an example).

For 12 Monkeys, though, I rented the DTS version and could hear no, zero, difference between that and the DD version. And the extras in the original disc are really cool, not the normal fluff pieces.

Unless there's a UE on the way (and I've heard nothing to indicate that there is) I would advise buying the DD version.

YMMV.

4. Neil_Duffy

Neil_Duffy Second Unit

There was defo a rumour about a 2 disc 12 Monkeys UE a couple of months ago... but I've heard nothing since...

5. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

I'm sure the UE will eventually be released with both the DTS and documentary. I am not basing that information on anything substantial, however.

I own the DD version in this case, because the documentary ("The Hamster Factor") is, quite simply, one of the best I've ever seen on the filmmaking process, period.

-joseph

6. DannyS

DannyS Second Unit

THIS TIME, LETS HOPE THEY LET THE COMMENTARY FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF WHEN THEY PEDDLE SUB-STANDARD PRODUCT!

7. Jakob_S

Jakob_S Stunt Coordinator

I'm still not sure which version of "12 monkeys" I'll buy. I have some questions though, that proberbly would make my decision easier:

1. What is the bitrate for the Dolby Digital 5.1 track on the R1-release?

2. Is there English subtitles on the DTS-release? I have looked at scanned back covers and can't see any. DVD Profiler has no subtitles listed, and Amazon.com has English CC subtitles listed - what am I to believe? Anyone with the DTS-version can/will you please tell me for sure what's correct?