What's new

12 Monkeys DD question (1 Viewer)

FrankT

Stunt Coordinator
I have been reading that the 12 Monkeys DD 5.1 version is better then the dts because of the few extra features it has. So I want to get the DD5.1 but the only DD5.1 I can find says "Collectors Edition" but it does not list any special features on the back of the DVD. It does list DD5.1 and that it is anamophic.

Is this the right DD5.1 DVD that has the special features?

Thanks

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Yes, it has a good documentary on it (Hamster Factor or something) that chronicles the making of the film very well. I don't remember if there's much else, but the doc is worth it alone.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
The documentary (The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys) is really great, as is the audio commentary by Terry Gilliam (director) and Charles Roven (producer). The only minor complaint is that the commentary quits a bit early.
Other features are the usual trailer, production notes and cast biographies.
EDIT:
Is this the right DD5.1 DVD that has the special features?

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Wow, I just pick this movie up from Best Buy today for 14.99. Glad to see that I got the better of the two.:)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
When Universal released the 12 Monkeys DVD, they were not in the habit of listing the special features on the back of the DVD. Rest assured, there is only one Collector's Edition of this DVD, and it does have the 90 minute doc on it. Supposedly the DTS version has almost no audible difference, so, in this one case, the supplements on the Dolby version more than make up for the lack of a DTS track.

As for the rumored Ultimate Edition, the studio announced they were working on it late last year, and havent said anything else about it since.

Universal has a habit of announcing things, and then not giving any updates on it for a very long time (just look at BTTF).

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
A word of caution on the DD edition.

All extras, including the commentary, were taken from the CE laserdisc. Tbe commentary ran a few seconds longer than the film, and as a result, gets cut off on the DVD. This should be resolved in the eventual reissue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks