What's new

"12 MONKEYS" Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Has the Universal Collector's Edition DVD of "12 MONKEYS" been deleted? I also heard rumors of defects/laser rot with this title - any confirmation? Thanks, M.J.

E

Eric Beck

AFAIK you can still get the collector's edition but the DTS version might be a little bit harder to find. As far as the rot goes I haven't heard anything.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I don't know if it's OOP or not, but I still see it all over the place. It shouldn't be too hard to find, and it usually goes for under $15.

I also don't know anything about the rot thing; mine still works just fine, though.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
If you have a large screen set-up, this title does not hold up very well, visually. *Extremely* low-pass filtered, soft, etc. Hoping for a re-master!

Cheers,

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Though you often see 12M in stores, it's certainly not so common around here as it used to be, and many online places (actually, all the ones I deal with - just checked) have neither version available.

The CE version is usually the one recommended to get for the great extra, the dts sound is IMO no hell, so I kept the CE version. FWIW the dts version was always much easier to find cheap, for some reason, often packaged at a "2 for 1" price.

Good luck. I expect we'll see another (probably better) DVD in the reasonably near future.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
There were rumors of an Ultimate Edition floating around a tear or two ago but nothing has materialized on that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks