What's new

Pre-Order 12 Monkeys (1995) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71IUbG5Q49L._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The part of the movie, content of the loop/missing footage, and movie's style makes it pretty meaningless since the audio part is correct -- the sequence seems meant to parallel the disoriented/confused Willis character with the floating circling camera and multiple quick cuts. If it had been originally released this way nobody would have thought it wasn't intentional and possibly would have thought it entirely fitting with the theme of the movie. One of the reasons it took years before more than a few people even noticed through 2 different releases. I knew the general time where the loop happened and it took 3-4 attempts before my brain saw it without doing the side by side comparison

OTOH, the corrected disc is free and now exist so I might as well get it at some point.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Here's the link to Arrow's 12 Monkeys 4K disc replacement program form for anyone who has a defective disc:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I can't find the UHD at Arrow shop. Does that mean that they will issue new packages (not just corrected discs) later?

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Here's the link to Arrow's 12 Monkeys 4K disc replacement program form for anyone who has a defective disc:

Well, good luck with that. I completed my form over 6 weeks ago and despite many customer service messages, there’s still no firm news of when I might get it…

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Well, good luck with that. I completed my form over 6 weeks ago and despite many customer service messages, there’s still no firm news of when I might get it…
I'm extremely impressed with how fast Criterion responded to, and sent out replacements for, their Hard Day's Night UHD, which also had similar, minor, mastering errors. Within 10 days of release (not a single reviewer had spotted any problems), they had released a statement, recalled the discs, they responded to my request by e-mail within two days and I had a replacement disc (shipped by courier) before two months had passed. Amazing. It must have cost them tens of thousands of dollars. And I had purchased the disc from Amazon, not their website. They really deserve enormous praise for that level of customer service.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I'm in the US & I got my replacement today. Comes media mail from MVD in Pottstown, PA. Filled out the form about 3 weeks ago. On the corrected disc the label has AV380/V2, the faulty disc is just AV380

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm extremely impressed with how fast Criterion responded to, and sent out replacements for, their Hard Day's Night UHD, which also had similar, minor, mastering errors. Within 10 days of release (not a single reviewer had spotted any problems), they had released a statement, recalled the discs, they responded to my request by e-mail within two days and I had a replacement disc (shipped by courier) before two months had passed. Amazing. It must have cost them tens of thousands of dollars. And I had purchased the disc from Amazon, not their website. They really deserve enormous praise for that level of customer service.
Criterion has always been good like that. Back in the laserdisc days, they would without hesitation replace any disc that suffered from "laser rot", no matter where or how long ago it was bought. They only stopped doing that when they no longer had replacement stock.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It’s absurd that the same movie is so much cheaper in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks