What's new

12" DVC, PE120W amp - Measurements. (1 Viewer)

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
I've had several posts here the last while asking for information on building your own sub. I think I've finally chose a design and would like to start building.

I won't get my main parts the 12"dvc and amp for another couple of weeks.

For those people who may own these items...

Are these measurements on the PE website accurate?

Can I start to build now based on the measurements from the website or is it wiser to wait?

Driver

Cutout diameter 11"

total hight 6-3/8"

small diameter 6-1/2"

Amp

cutout dimensions 9-5/8" x 7-1/4"

Thanks.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I routed the driver hole for my 12" DVC from the dimensions on the site, whatever they were. I know that the amp cutout dimensions for the 300-794 were accurate, so they probably are for your model.

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
Great... I'm really itching to start building the box.

I guess that the Driver paramaters are also accurate right?

I just want to make sure I'm not going to get in a situation where I have to alter the dimensions of the enclosure.

Thanks for your help.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I didn't countersink my DVC, but I know the hole dimension is accurate. As far as the specs, the Dumax results are on the PE site. That's as accurate as you're going to get given sample-to-sample manufacturing variations. The only other way to go is to test each driver you buy yourself, which some folks do.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Jim they should be accurate enough for what we're going...there will likely be subtle variations in the T/S parameters but they are going to be so small that you'd never hear the differences...plus there's likely going to be more error in the box then the driver. All in all don't worry about it you've got some leeway in the final specs and those are not going to affect the outcome that much. Take a look at how little difference is made if the port is plus or minus a centimeter or two...same goes for internal volume

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks