What's new

110 Satellite problems (1 Viewer)

On my DISH500 unit I am getting no signal from satellite 110 even transponders. When I run the check switch all the boxes are OK except for X's on the 110 even transponders.
Any idea what is going on? Do you think my multiswitch is going bad? It is about two 1/2 years old.
Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has it been raining recently. Water seeping into the coax can cause this. If it is dry, then it is a hardware problem.
On the input side of your switch, swap the 110/119 cables and run a switch test. If the missing channels are on the 119 side, then one of your cables has gone bad. Actually, it may be a F-connector. Check them closely and make sure a stray wire isn't touching the center conductor.
If the problem stayed with the 110 side, swap the LNB's and run a switch test. If you have missing channels on 119, then one of your LNB's is going bad. If it stayed with 110, then your switch is going out.
-Robert

Thanks, that is a great idea to pinpoint the problem.
I did shut down my receiver unit and unplug it from the wall thinking that this may reset the unit. After doing this, all is now fine again. I guess I'll just wait and see what is going on and if it happens again I'll go through the procedure you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks