11/5 Dead Zone

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Aug 29, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/08_29.html
    After posting the highest-watched series premiere ever in basic cable history, it was inevitable that The Dead Zone would make its DVD debut sooner rather than later. On 11/5, Lions Gate will release the pilot episode of the popular and acclaimed new series, based on the Stephen King book and starring a resurrected Anthony Michael Hall, complete with plenty of extras. In addition to "The Wheel of Fortune" (Episodes 1 and 2) presented in full screen and 5.1 Dolby surround, extras include an audio commentary, the "Johnny Smith Video Diary," and promo spots. A teaser for more episode collections in 2003, this single-disc set will retail for $24.95. Stay tuned
    Count me in for this one.
    [​IMG]

2. David Brent

David Brent Stunt Coordinator

Geez, what a gip!

Just two episodes? The whole first season only runs for thirteen, so surely it would've made more sense to release a box-set?

Also, this is being released in "Full Screen"? Surely a modern show like The Dead Zone is filmed in anamorphic widescreen?

Colour me very disappointed, and rack up a "no sale" here.

David

3. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

There's a Season One box set due tentatively for March 2003. From what Lions Gate told me, it will include the rest of the episodes without the pilot.

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

March 23rd being around the time the next season starts. Why the heck is everyone releasing everything in November. Push some stuff to december for heavans sake

capt

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I too am surprised anamorphic widescreen isn't a feature here.

6. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Let's see a special edition of the Cronenberg masterpiece and then I'll have something to get excited about.

7. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

There is a special edition in the UK of the film---and the best part is that it's Region 0 and NTSC so you can play it on unmodified US Region 1 players! There's a review (not by me) at Digitally Obsessed; I reviewed the companion release of The Bounty SE that was similarly R0 and NTSC.

8. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

9. GaryEA

GaryEA Second Unit

Sorry to dig this one up, but I'm trying to clear up the confusion between my ears.
    This is from the front page of USA's Dead Zone web site. I think it's relatively new;

10. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Gary,

The first 2 episodes are coming on 11/5. The rest of the first season I believe is coming out early next year. That is the info that has been floating around.

11. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

And Amazon lists it as widescreen.Hrm.