What's new

11/5/02 - Sunset Boulevard, To Catch a Thief, Roman Holiday, Italian Job (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Geez...I'd better get myself a raise or win the lottery or something...
This fall is gonna be a killer. :)

DanaA

Screenwriter
Great news!!! ;) To Catch a Thief is first on my list. Ironically, that was the next film in line to join my other Hitchcocks. Roman Holiday will have to be mine too. Both Peck and Hepburn are sensational and I personally like it better than Charade, although I'm sure many will disagree with me on this. Anyway, I'm still waiting for news on Once Upon a Time in the West and La Strada. Criterion lists La Strada as an upcoming release, but I can't recall an absolute release date.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great news indeed as I am waiting for the R2 of The Italian Job, and Sunset Boulevard is another must.
cheers
:emoji_thumbsup:

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Now let's get into some real film discussion. ;) I am also looking forward to getting Sunset Boulevard and To Catch A Thief. I don't remember seeing the other two yet. I would have to watch them (again) either way.
Good news!
~Edwin

BillBobs

Grip
To Catch a Thief and Roman Holiday... two more I can scratch off my ever-shrinking "where are they?" list. Great news!

LisaH

Stunt Coordinator
You've just made my day! Thank you! :)
Oh, and extra love is coming from the people at VISA to you all.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm definitely down for Sunset Boulevard, Roman Holiday, and To Catch a Thief. One more Wilder and Hitchcock movie to cross off the list.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Hmmm. I'm desperately looking for something to gripe and be negative about. Searching...searching...please wait for response....I've got it!!!
Darn it, Paramount! Don't you know that my birthday is October 29th? Now I will have to ask for gift certificates.
Sorry, that's the most negative thing I could come up with in the face of such cool release news. I didn't want to upset the forum readers by failing to criticize, and I didn't want to make eyes roll with yet another "What? No DTS?" post. :D
Regards,

DaveN

Grip
Like I didn't already have plenty of must-have dvd's to buy this fall. Geez! Sunset Blvd and Roman Holiday are mine. Breakfast at Tiffany's was my favorite Hepburn movie until my wife 'forced' Roman Holiday on me. What a great film!

It is getting to the point where I will get a separate insurance rider on my dvd collection!

David

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Woohoo! I'm going to buy all of these, without hesitation.

Next wednesday, my local arthouse theater is showing Roman Holiday. Really looking forward to it.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for The Italian Job :)
I'm still holding out for a remastered special edition of The Great Escape :) :)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Roman Holiday
To Catch a Thief
Houseboat
I wonder whether I'll have any money left come Christmas :frowning:

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Gotta get Sunset Boulevard and To Catch A Thief. Sounds like pretty decent extras considering it's Paramount.

Rob

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
To Catch a Thief?!?

Anamorphic?

Documentaries?

Photo galleries?

...not to mention, one of the best-looking, funnest films that Hitchcock made?

This redefines "MUST-BUY."

mattl

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the world is holding its breath and that all you are going to sleep better tonight knowing that I am getting all four of these titles. :) (Can't wait for Sunset and Thief, can't wait.)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Paramount will be able to add the original opening sequence of Sunset Boulevard to the DVD as an extra? This sequence had Joe Gillius' voice-over as he is taken to and placed in the morgue. After a bad preview, this was later cut and the opening as you know it now was added.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks