11/5/01 - TV series DVD release date from Hell

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Bundrick, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Oh boy. TNG Season 5, Babylon 5 Season 1, Band of Brothers, and Farscape Season 1 (I wasn't buying the individual discs). 70 episodes, 70 hours of TV time or perhaps 50 hours without commercials. When am I going to find time to watch all this? I haven't even finished watching my TNG Season 4, Cosmos, and Civil War sets.

But that's not my big problem. My big problem is that in each box set except for Band of Brothers, there were loose discs. The Farscape discs are in the worst keepcases I have ever seen. The cases are made by Scanavo (Copenhagen, Calgary). For a hub they have a thing that looks like a flower with five "petals". Except two of mine have only four petals on one of their hubs. A third case is missing one petal from one hub and three petals from the other hub, thus both discs were floating loose. Some of these discs have some visible blemishes, possibly scratches, from rubbing up against the broken hubs during transit. I also had two floaters in my Babylon 5 set and one floater in my TNG set. Band of Brothers had none. (The way that box set is built and the DVDs folded within, I felt like I was pulling a belt of ammo out of the can.)

I don't want to watch episodes out of order but it looks like I'm going to have to in order to determine whether the discs that have marks on them are damaged so I can return them in a timely manner if they are.

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Aw hell. I wrote 11/5/01 in the topic. I meant 11/5/02 of course.