10th Kingdom: defective disc or player problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas Lang, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Thomas Lang

Thomas Lang Extra

I couldn't find any other threads dealing with this so here goes!
    By the way I'm asking the on behalf of one of my friends who didn't have the opportunity the ask the question himself. He's got the 2 dvd set of The 10th Kingdom and is using a Denon DVD-2500 (about 2 years old)
    The problem is on side 2 where it begins to pixilate around chapter 40. Have anybody else had any problems with this disc or is it a player problem (player not compatible)?

2. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

Don't know about your situation but I just found that it is being re-released in February 2002? I thought it was out already, I've rented a Three disk version that worked flawlessly and would like to get the movie for my kids, LONG movie but pretty good.

So whats up with a 2 disk and 3 disk and now a re-release?

G2

3. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

The two and three disc sets have identical content. The two disc set uses a DVD-18 so a third disc is not needed. The upcoming re-release is most likely a price reduction.

DVD 18's are known for causing problems. If the breakup is occuring on this disc, it may be either a bad disc or the DVD player is having problems with it. You could always try playing it on your DVD player to see if it works. I have the 2-disc version and have no problems playing it, FWIW.

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

It might just be new artwork, deleting the WTC from the cover.

Is this as good as Merlin? Loved Merlin, hadn't heard of this one, but am interested.

5. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

I liked it better than Merlin, but it is LONG!

480minutes!

G2