1080i output from DVD (1 Viewer)

Jay_Leonard

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any DVD Players upconverting to 1080i on output

are the Red Sox going to pull it out this season

Hmmm

Jay_Leonard

Stunt Coordinator
You may be right but I am shopping for a DVD to pair with my 50H81 and thought that if I a player that can output 1080i that I could avoid the upconversion issue known with the set.

Thanks for the input

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Either way, you're going to get upconversion artifacts, whether you'll upconverting in the Toshiba or upconverting in the dvd player to 1080i. They may be worse in the Toshiba due to the analog to digital processing that must take place before the upconversion (and then back to analog for display), I'm assuming. I wonder why they chose 1080 and not 960 which is double 480. I am assuming the latter would have made the innards in HDTVs simpler.
And I wouldn't bet on the Sox either :) and this is a NEer saying this.
cheers,
--tom

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Any team in the AL East not called the "New York Yankees" is a longshot. When's the last time Boston saw the glory? 1918? Well, at least the 1975 and 1986 World Series were exciting!

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Jack, yes, 1918 was the last time for the hometown team. And just to keep this in the realm of dvd discussion, let's hope they never release a digitally remastered 5.1 dvd version of that ball going through Buckner's legs. I still have that on VHS somewhere in my aged VHS collection. At this point, I figure everyone in the country will be watching the Sox win their next World Series on HDTV widescreen sets. :)
cheers,
--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks