1080i gaming with Xbox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Nov 19, 2001.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

can someone please explain a little some details about the HD 1080i gaming with Xbox. I want to get Xbox and have a Toshiba 50H81 HD tv. Heres my questions:

Do all games work with 1080i? If not, do some just take advantage of 1080i and others not (similar to a widescreen feature) or will a game just be in 1080i mode automatically?

If a game isnt in 1080i, does the xbox detect what mode it should be in etc?

Thanks in advance for explaining!!

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

None of the current games support anything higher than 480p.

Once games become available that do support higher resolutions it will most likely be an option within the game.

The general feeling about 720p and 1080i games on Xbox is that it will be a bit of a wait (if ever) before we see a steady stream of titles in HD. However, 480p games look fantastic.

3. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

hrmm...i thought I saw somewhere that Halo was in 1080i.? Guess im mistaken or the source was mistaken.

Thanks for the info!!

4. Dan_K

Dan_K Extra

5. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

The posts saying Halo was in 1080i were probably mine.

A friend of mind who works on Xbox PR (and had spent quite a bit of time with Halo prior to launch) gave me that info...

It's entirely possible that he was playing on a TV that upscaled everything to 1080i and stretched Halo, and he just assumed that it was the native resolution.